Ok...so i got my 8320 few months ago OBSESSED..i still am addicted to my phone but i feel it has eased off a bit....

I'm not on a plan..so

i can only surf the net when there's wifi available...
    i can't chat on msn/ichat etc
    i can't get updates (i wanted to update it so i could record videos)
    i can't get my head around the games and the applications i could load...everytime i download something i can't manage to install it..so i end up deleting it..

If go on a plan it will be $60 AU each month...i don't talk like mad on the phone...so i'm worried i'd waste my money and don't even spend much time talking...

if i don't get a plan i miss out thing i listed...

can you guys help me so i can take full advantage of my bb...what should i do? what applications can i download with no plan?

PLEASE HELP!
    07-26-08 02:49 AM
    *bump* hope i can get some suggestions
    07-26-08 07:59 AM
    from my view you either have to take the full dive into data or not. If you don't use the features that you are currently not using, its not a blackberry, its a mere phone with some organization abilities. I have a large data plan, I use msn, viigo, browsing, email and gps software. I kill up my data plan.
    07-26-08 08:50 AM
    Like you, I am living without a BlackBerry plan.

Where your would cost $60 a month, a full plan an enough data to make it useful would cost me $500 a month.

You have a Wifi enabled Browser. You can access the mobile version of Google and Yahoo. Both are investing heavly in providing useful software for mobile devices.

As for third party applications, like you, I have found virtually none will install and initialize without a BIS plan. That is just the way it is.
    07-26-08 10:05 AM
    Thanx guys! Guess i'll be better off with a plan...
    07-26-08 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD