If you get a Att phone and unlock it and you have t-moblie will your fave 5's work? I have heard yes and no, i just want the truth..........
    07-24-08 11:42 PM
    Dont take this as the gospel (as I have been wrong many times) but I do not think it will. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will come along soon tho.
    07-24-08 11:52 PM
    Definitely, absolutely NOT!!

MyFaves are tied directly into your TMo plan!! It has nothing to do with the actual tmo device AT ALL!!

The myFaves phones are nothing special... They just have a UI on them for the fave5... You could use an unlocked att device and still use myfaves but you CANNOT use myfaves on ATT if you have an unlocked tmo device... It is a part of the plan!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 11:55 PM
    Definitely, absolutely NOT!!

MyFaves are tied directly into your TMo plan!! It has nothing to do with the actual tmo device AT ALL!!

The myFaves phones are nothing special... They just have a UI on them for the fave5... You could use an unlocked att device and still use myfaves but you CANNOT use myfaves on ATT if you have an unlocked tmo device... It is a part of the plan!

I don't think that's what the OP meant. The phone's from AT&T and the plan is with tmo.

07-24-08 11:57 PM
    All BlackBerry phones are internally branded at manufacturing time with a 3 digit Vendor code.

Even after unlocking a SIM card lock (which is what unlocking does) this number remains part of the phone and there is no known way to remove it.

I live in Switzerland and I own an unlocked AT&T 8310. Every time I reload my OS it tries to load the AT&T specific app Push To Talk even though this app is useless with my carrier. The OS looks at VendorId 102 and simply loads the app.

Thus the MyFaves app will only ever load on and original T-Mobile phone - VendorId=100.

An unlocked AT&T phone will work fine on another network, I am doing just that but it will never load that carriers specific applications because the VendorId is different.

Here is a sample but today, incomplete list
    100=Tmobile
    102=AT&T
    104=Sprint
    105=Verizon
    107=Rogers
    109=Bell
    114=TMobile UK
    115=TIM
    119=Orange
    120=Vodafone
    125=O2
    129=Telefonica
    07-25-08 02:02 AM
    Wow you guys make your answers very complicated for a simple question.

Yes, the Myfave will work on an unlocked ATT phone. You will be able to change the Myfave contacts on mytmobile.com.

The only thing with unlocked phone is that, you wont have the fancy scrolling 5 contacts on your home screen.
    07-25-08 04:48 AM
    Wow you guys make your answers very complicated for a simple question.

Yes, the Myfave will work on an unlocked ATT phone. You will be able to change the Myfave contacts on mytmobile.com.

The only thing with unlocked phone is that, you wont have the fancy scrolling 5 contacts on your home screen.
    Thank you, sir smart@ss

I am sorry, I did not mean to confuse you... I misread the OPs question and thought he was asking if an unlocked TMobile phone would still be able to use myFaves on the ATT network If you look at the title of the thread... that was my initial understanding.

But, as you said, yes... any phone that is being used on a TMobile myFaves plan can use the myFaves. This is not phone dependent, but plan dependent. If your plan has the myFaves ability you can use it! You may not be able to manage the myFaves from your device... but you can hop onto myTMobile if you ever need to change your Fave5
    07-25-08 05:39 AM
    Yes, me sorry 2. I was looking at this from a phone standpoint and I gave the phone type answer.

Clearly it will be possible to access the website but the T-Nobile MyFaves application will not be installed on the AT&T phone by default.

Hope that's clearer
    07-25-08 05:44 AM
    If you get a Att phone and unlock it and you have t-moblie will your fave 5's work? I have heard yes and no, i just want the truth..........
    the bottom line is yes it works
    i have T-Mo on an unlocked ATT 8310
    its even possible to get the my fave 5 icons on my BB but i chose not to
    you just need to manage your fave 5 on the T-mo website
    07-25-08 07:04 AM
    All BlackBerry phones are internally branded at manufacturing time with a 3 digit Vendor code.

Even after unlocking a SIM card lock (which is what unlocking does) this number remains part of the phone and there is no known way to remove it.

I live in Switzerland and I own an unlocked AT&T 8310. Every time I reload my OS it tries to load the AT&T specific app Push To Talk even though this app is useless with my carrier. The OS looks at VendorId 102 and simply loads the app.

Thus the MyFaves app will only ever load on and original T-Mobile phone - VendorId=100.

An unlocked AT&T phone will work fine on another network, I am doing just that but it will never load that carriers specific applications because the VendorId is different.

Here is a sample but today, incomplete list
    100=Tmobile
    102=AT&T
    104=Sprint
    105=Verizon
    107=Rogers
    109=Bell
    114=TMobile UK
    115=TIM
    119=Orange
    120=Vodafone
    125=O2
    129=Telefonica
    not quite...
    there is a way to load the TMO software...and its listed in quite a few guides...i just couldnt be bothered to do it.....right now i make sure i delete the ATT theme which is the largest of them all....
    YES my fave 5 works you just need to manage it online on the tmo webpage
    07-25-08 07:08 AM
    not quite...
    there is a way to load the TMO software...and its listed in quite a few guides...i just couldnt be bothered to do it.....right now i make sure i delete the ATT theme which is the largest of them all....
    All that would need to be done is a small edit in the .alx file Then, when the AppLoader is installing the OS it will not 'pass over' myFaves because there is no matching vendor code... it will install it This edit is similar to how one might unlock the vendor themes from other carriers to use on their device. Since the myFaves is only "assigned" to install on TMobile devices (code 100 and 114) you would need to add the ATT vendor code (102) to the list for myFaves. This can be kind of tricky if you do not know what you are doing!

Is that the process you are referring to?

But yes, either way... UI or no UI... you can still use myFaves on the device!
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-25-08 at 07:45 AM.
    07-25-08 07:43 AM
    All that would need to be done is a small edit in the .alx file Then, when the AppLoader is installing the OS it will not 'pass over' myFaves because there is no matching vendor code... it will install it This edit is similar to how one might unlock the vendor themes from other carriers to use on their device. Since the myFaves is only "assigned" to install on TMobile devices (code 100 and 114) you would need to add the ATT vendor code (102) to the list for myFaves. This can be kind of tricky if you do not know what you are doing!

Is that the process you are referring to?

But yes, either way... UI or no UI... you can still use myFaves on the device!
    yes it was ...i dont do it because i hate the rotating fave 5 theme..lol looks tacky to me ....my BB has 2 themes...the BB L and the BB zen theme..
    anything else IMHO is not needed
    07-25-08 07:50 AM
    yes it was ...i dont do it because i hate the rotating fave 5 theme..lol looks tacky to me ....my BB has 2 themes...the BB L and the BB zen theme..
    anything else IMHO is not needed
    I think along the same lines as you

Less is more... minimal and simple, yet functional themes! I use the TMobile Bottom Zen and love it! Then I have Elemental Zen (and will be getting elemental L sometime).

As for the myFaves UI... it is absolutely pointless!! It is the first thing I remove when doing memory optimization!
    07-25-08 08:20 AM
    thanks so much for all the info i really do appreciate it!
    07-25-08 11:59 AM
    not quite...
    javaloader -u load net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod
    javaloader -u load net_rim_tmo_five.cod

Will put MyFaves on any model BlackBerry that is sold by T-Mobile even if it is not a T-Mobile original but doing that was not really part of this thread. You also need to have either JL_Cmder or BlackBerry JDE installed and I did not want to reccomend either within this thread.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-25-08 at 12:51 PM.
    07-25-08 12:48 PM
    javaloader -u load net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod
    javaloader -u load net_rim_tmo_five.cod

Will put MyFaves on any model BlackBerry that is sold by T-Mobile even if it is not a T-Mobile original but doing that was not really part of this thread. You also need to have either JL_Cmder or BlackBerry JDE installed and I did not want to reccomend either within this thread.
    Question . . .
    COuld I add these files to an Unlocked Storm and get the Fav 5 UI on the device?
    Would it work in theory I would assume yes. I just dont want to kill my device in n unrecoverable way.
    Also is there still not a way to flash a Carrier Logo at Boot-Up?
    -Change the VZW logo to a TMO logo
    05-28-09 08:21 AM
    Im showing 4 files related to Fav 5 in my Curve 8900

net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_114_five_icon_library.cod
    net_rim_tmo_five.cod
    net_rim_tmo_five_lib.cod
    05-28-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD