I am trying to reconnect my 8310 to the Desktop Manager and now I am being prompted for a password? I have been working with BB's for over 7 years and have never seen anything like this! I don't have any passwords or security setup. I have looked through all the menus and can't find anything that I can turn off.

This all started when I tried to run the upgrade to 4.5.0.55. I installed the newest Desktop Manager, downloaded the upgrade, ran the install for that, it then told me it was going to run the upgrades on my BB. About 3 minutes into it it said there was a fatal error and told me I needed to restart the installation. Once I clicked on whatever to restart the install it prompted me for a password.

So now the BB is on, I can go through the menus and what-not but it will not connect to anything. It just says "Off" on the top of the screen.

Any ideas as quickly as possible would be greatly appreciated!
    08-11-08 09:46 AM
    I would start with rolling back your '.55 installation.

Located and download AT&T 8330 v4.3xx device software. Ideally that will connect to and enable the device.

If you are still getting the Password prompt, you may have to resort to forcing the upload.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    08-11-08 10:25 AM
    Well I figured out a little bit. One of which was just rebooting my PC. Started the Desktop Manager, plugged in the BB, and it is currently installing the .55 again but has gotten a lot further than the 1st time without any errors as of yet. We'll see what happens.
    08-11-08 11:17 AM
    Nice. Good luck with your download. A dead berry would suck bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD