Hi,

The phone started to turn off spontaneously, it will turn off even during a phone call. The phone will not turn back on even when pressing the power key. I decided to connect it to my computer using BB Desktop Software to check for an update to my device and to create a back up because I feared loosing my data. Unfortunately, when my device was creating a back up to update the device software it lost communication and I received a message, something like fatal error, right in the middle of the update. The phone's screen went white and displayed one icon in the middle (please see photo). Apparently, all my data has been lost!! I managed to update the software after several attempts but my data is gone. I have connected the phone to my computer using the Desktop Software but the connection is not stable, it connects and disconnects spontaneously. Is there a way to recover my data (i.e. address book, calendar, messages)?? I really need help. Thanks
    10-10-10 09:16 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same thing happened to me i was told theres no way to get ur info back which i find kinda weird there has to be a way ... if u previously backed stuff up it should be oin ur computer IPD if not im sorry but freom what im told theres no way :'(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 09:42 AM
    I backed my info a long time ago so the back up I have is not enough. Like you I also think there should be a way to get it back because it is not like I deleted the info, it just lost connection while backing up/updating. I just hope I am able to get all my data back somehow. For now, I am using a BB Curve 8900 and I am creating backups every week!!
    10-12-10 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD