I seem to be backing out of my apps and leaving them running in the background all the time. Hitting menu then scrolling down seems a bit long to close an app everytime. Is there a shortcut to closing apps?

Also, when in my msg box if I hit 'c' it will compose a new email. Is there a key that will compose a new txt?

Thanks for your time guys/gals.
    06-17-08 06:32 PM
    Closing apps not sure but for the txt part just hit 'W' and it will respond to your txt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 06:49 PM
    How about "Menu" and then "C". No need to scroll.
    06-17-08 07:11 PM
    Its only a couple step I believe you can handle it.
    06-17-08 07:14 PM
    When closing app,
    Just press the back butten (right side of track-boll) and your gonna back out of the app.

06-17-08 07:24 PM
    Just press the back key (right side of track-boll)

An youl back out of the app

06-17-08 07:26 PM
    Lol brothamoveson must be grumpy today....
    The way I look at it is if there is a short cut I want to use it. Ya it's a couple of steps and it's not that big of a deal, but if it can be done faster why not.

Illarod: 'w' doesnt do a respond on my phone, 'r' does respond but 'w' doesnt do anything for me. I'm not looking for a respond though I'm looking for a fresh page, 'c' will compose a fresh email but I haven't found one for a fresh txt.

Garz: "menu" "c" works on some apps, but not all. On my inbox it just goes to compose. Still better than nothing. Thanks man.
    06-17-08 07:28 PM
    Lol brothamoveson must be grumpy today....
    The way I look at it is if there is a short cut I want to use it. Ya it's a couple of steps and it's not that big of a deal, but if it can be done faster why not.

Illarod: 'w' doesnt do a respond on my phone, 'r' does respond but 'w' doesnt do anything for me. I'm not looking for a respond though I'm looking for a fresh page, 'c' will compose a fresh email but I haven't found one for a fresh txt.

Garz: "menu" "c" works on some apps, but not all. On my inbox it just goes to compose. Still better than nothing. Thanks man.
    yes this will not work for inbox. Just for using general apps.
    06-17-08 07:31 PM
    Mafal: That doesn't work for all apps. I used to do that for everything until I saw I still had apps running in the background. That's why I was trying to find a 'close' shortcut.
    06-17-08 07:31 PM
    Wow that's lazy

06-18-08 11:49 AM
    Wow that's lazy

Oh, come on! If someone posted a shortcut to closing programs, you all would be using it!
    06-18-08 01:37 PM
    def. i've found this to be annoying as well and would love a shortcut.
    06-18-08 01:49 PM
    Agree with davezer. If posted, everyone will be using it. No laziness here.
    06-18-08 01:51 PM
    Its not lazyness. Its working smarter not harder. =8') of course I don't look busy, I did it right the fist time. =8')
    06-18-08 02:17 PM
    Is there a way to know what programs you have running in the background?
    06-18-08 07:12 PM
    Is there a way to know what programs you have running in the background?
    ALT and ESCAPE key
    06-18-08 07:14 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply
    06-18-08 07:24 PM
    When closing app,
    Just press the back butten (right side of track-boll) and your gonna back out of the app.

This does not "close" the application it just exits the application... however the app is still running in the background taking up precious memory... leave a couple apps running like opera,viigo,jivetalk, and so forth and it wont be too long before your BB starts lagging really bad and deleteing message logs and call logs due to low memory .
    06-18-08 07:29 PM
    good to know others think like me!
    06-18-08 07:29 PM
    I'm glad to see the productive people have overcome the haters on this thread. Now if only there were ways to do what I asked lol.
    06-18-08 08:50 PM
    How about "Menu" and then "C". No need to scroll.
    I tried this in a couple different apps, it seems to bring the menu options to the top listed "C", and never to "Close", would be a neat shortcut though!
    06-18-08 08:54 PM
    There is no quicker way to close an app... Sorry. The back button only "minimizes" it you could say. This will leave the app running in the background

To reply to a txt just hit "r" when you have a message selected or are viewing a message

To quickly compose an SMS there is no hotkey like C for compose. I have my left bunper set to compose txt...

06-18-08 09:12 PM
    -----

I've found this phone aggravating....there must be 9 steps involved in performing every function, and you have to remember what they all are or you don't pass the BB 101 test. I can't believe it. Is the iPhone easier?

No, as I hear tell, you can't 'back out' of apps...you have to close them out or they continue to run. If it was that easy, BB couldn't have integrated it.

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 06-18-08 at 10:00 PM.
    06-18-08 09:58 PM
    Sorry to hear that cbmember. I've had similar frustrations with certain aspects of the curve.

This particular one I believe is not that big of a deal for me. Using the menu button and then scrolling to "Close" can't really be that bad can it??
    06-18-08 10:01 PM
    -----

I've found this phone aggravating....there must be 9 steps involved in performing every function, and you have to remember what they all are or you don't pass the BB 101 test. I can't believe it. Is the iPhone easier?

No, as I hear tell, you can't 'back out' of apps...you have to close them out or they continue to run. If it was that easy, BB couldn't have integrated it.

-----
    OMG!! he said "Iphone" on a BB site

lol j/k honestly tho its all preference I guess BB at first may take a lil mastering but once you get to know your phone and how things work IMO it much better then the IPhone dont get me wrong i think the Iphone is a great piece of technology but its more of a media player to me... i feel its geared more twords the younger demographics... but to each their own...
    06-18-08 10:03 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD