I just recently bought a replacement battery for my bb curve 8300 from a seller on ebay. After i received it, i noticed right away a few differences. Instead of the normal textured label, it had a very smooth label. It didn't fit in as easily as it normally would and it just feels cheaper compared to my original battery. The seller says they are genuine batteries. Another thing is that my home charger no longer works for it and when I used the USB to charge it on my computer it said "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that ur handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source ans that the proper USB driver is installed." Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    07-31-09 03:05 AM
    Also the battery has been getting warmer than it usually did before and I can feel it through the back cover. Is this something to worry about too? Should I or is it ok to keep using this battery until I get a legit one from the crackberry store?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:21 AM
    I'm no expert, but I would stop using it. I'm not sure if it will damage your device, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
    07-31-09 05:02 AM
    Batteries on ebay for any device are very rarely genuine. That goes for memory cards also.
    07-31-09 05:55 AM
    After market battery most likely. Try the link in my sig if you want OEM batteries.
    07-31-09 05:56 AM
    Sorry to bring an old thread back from the grave... but I just purchased a bunch of complete 8700s from ebay that use the same cs-2 batteries as the curve... immediately after touching them (the batteries) I noticed they weren't genuine...

the texture was smooth, color was off, etc...

I also took a pic in comparison to an authentic RIM battery... as you can see from the pic, the top 2 (fake) don't have a unique identification number and the gray isn't the same shade..

edit: sorry, I can't post pics or links because of my <10 posts... but you should get the idea.
    Last edited by adrians_s13; 04-28-10 at 01:23 PM.
    04-28-10 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD