Ok,

So I have a strange issue......I have a 8330 that randomly wont give me an audible alert/ring/alarm....however when I get calls/messages etc. it will only vibrate if set to vibrate&tone.....Ive tried this setting on loud and normal....setting the sms for instance to vibrate&tone ....3/2/1 rings...low/med/high/escalating.....it will still only vibrate.....so I set it to tone only and it will work.....but it will fail and ill get no notification after a few hours...and I wont be notified of calls or messages/mail.....the phone has 4.5.0.169.......the speaker works fine 100%.....so Im confused....I understand tone and vibe is not simultaneous....but this is nuts......Ive reinstalled the OS......checked the speaker....checked do not disturb......
    09-04-09 07:01 AM
    Is there a calender appointment that might be conflicting with it? I know on mine when I set an appointment I can check the "do not disturb" box and my phone will not ring between those times.
    09-04-09 07:29 AM
    I've never seen a Do not disturb box, where is that?
    09-04-09 08:29 AM
    Should be toward the bottom. But if you haven't used it, unless you unintentionally clicked it, that likely isn't the issue.

Are you using a custom or predefined ringtone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 02:10 PM
    This is a known issue called a profile crash. The phone will suddenly not play sound notifications until you reboot it. Check the beta os forums. Many users on .169 are using the profile modules from .131 to fix the issue.
    09-04-09 06:03 PM
    After I email the ringtone to my phone and recieve it on my phone, how do I move/transfer it to the media section so I can play it?
    09-05-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD