I've been trying to extend the ringtone on a colleague's 8310 from 15 seconds up to 30 seconds before the call then goes to voicemail, I should add that the phone is on the Vodafone network in the UK and that it's on a BES. I've been using the following code **61*[number]*10*30# and it works up to a point. The amount of time the phone rings for does goes up to 30 seconds but instead of going to voicemail you just gets a continuous high pitched beep. I've also tried the code on my 8700 and another 8310 and it works no problem.

I've spoken to several people at Vodafone about this and was told that this was happening because the handset was updated on the network and that once it had updated to reset the diverts and put the code in again. Tried it but still getting the same results. The last person I spoke to went off and had a word with one of there "Technical Wizard's" and this sort of issue has occured a few time on BB handsets. they also mentioned that the all the diverts to to voicemail go through fine untill it reaches the last step and that's where it falls over.

Does anyone else know of this issue and if so have to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.
    01-07-09 06:19 AM
    I had the same problem with the short ring time until I called my provider and they changed it right away. My ringer now rings twice as long and gives me plenty of time to answer it. I'm not sure about the other problem you're having. I hope you resolve it! Good luck!
    01-07-09 07:57 AM
    Spoke to the chaps at Vodafone Premier 8 again, and they are totally lost on this issue and why it happening, but we have discovered a cure, read on below.

1) Dial 1211 on your handset. This resets the diverts to 15 seconds.
    2) This next step requires you to place the SIM card in another Blackberry device. Don't know if it would work in another make of phone but it's always worth a try. (I took the SIM from a Curve and put in a 8700.)
    3) Dial **61*[voicemail number]*10*30#
    4) Ring your phone and let it go to voicemail.
    5) Your voicemail should go to the recorded message now.
    6) Swap the SIM card back to your original phone.
    7) Ring your phone and let it go to voicemail again, you shouldn't get the tone anymore.
    8) Voila all sorted
    01-08-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD