I've had my BB Curve for about 7 weeks now and about a month ago got an extended (maximum capacity) battery and door to avoid having to charge it so often. That turned out to work well because the battery when charged would last me 4 to 5 days before I had to charge it. Suddenly that has all changed. I charged it yesterday when it actually died out completely. Now, less than 24 hours later, it needed another full charge, so I charged it. And what happens? Here we are needing another full charge less than another 24 hours later.

This is bizarre, especially because I'm not doing anything different. I'm not using the thing that much, and with the holiday being here, I'm actually using it LESS, so I'm rather perplexed as to why the battery suddenly drains so darned quickly. 12 to 24 hours on a full charge with a maximum capacity battery when it used to run 4 to 5 DAYS? I did purchase the battery new at a Sprint store because I didn't trust those OEM ebay vendors.

I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong or if it's the battery.
    12-25-08 05:26 PM
    Do you have a gps app on ur BB? I had the trial ver of garmins app and encountered the same prob. In BB maps I had to select "stop navigating" and-or in garmin app had to select the "exit" in order to turn off gps, otherwise the app kept tracking my location. Hope this helps.
    Merry Christmas!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 07:28 PM
    I just checked under both the Sprint-navigation icon and the maps icon on my 8330. In neither case was GPS mapping set to on, so to answer your question, no, that doesn't seem to be the issue.
    12-25-08 08:41 PM
    My oem case for mine has a little magnet inside and I cannot remember where I read this but it said that this case will put the BB in standby mode when inserted into the case. Did you use this type of case before? My daughter got me a jelly sleeve for christmas so now I have to press the mute button to activate standby mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 09:57 PM
    Hey Lord Vader, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. I am not sure what would cause your battery to do this, but if the problem has not been resolved, please email me at [email protected] and I will forward your email on to someone who can hopefully get this issue corrected. Happy holidays!
    12-26-08 01:37 PM
    If you are using the FaceBook App, it has been known to do strange things to the Berries. Delete it and browse to Facebook.
    Also are all applications closing? Check by holding the ALT key and the escape (to the right of trackball) There should be about 5 app there all the time, BBmessenger, home, browser, logs, messages.
    Good Luck!
    12-26-08 02:16 PM
    Never used Facebook. I deleted that right away because I had no need for it. All other applications are fine; that is, nothing else is running.
    12-31-08 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD