Some stupid friend of mine sent me a corny text message that turns on a slideshow and music as soon as it is opened. I cannot seem to delete it and it's starting to freak me out. It does not show up in the full list of messages but it seems to be "living" on the home page. I have pressed delete numerous times and it's still there, and I rebooted the phone - still there. Any suggestions?
    11-12-09 09:24 AM
    You can try deleting messages from DM, see if that works. Then smack your friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 09:30 AM
    What's DM? Sorry, new here.
    11-12-09 09:33 AM
    Desktop Manager is what DM stands for. Check out the Tips and Help forum too. It may answer any questions you may have and the BlackBerry Lecture 101 is very informative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 09:43 AM
    I removed and replaced the battery and that did it. Whew! Plus husband told me BlackBerrys don't get viruses. Yay!
    11-12-09 09:44 AM
    It does not show up in the full list of messages but it seems to be "living" on the home page. ...
    If it appears on your home page, it must be an application that has been installed.

Highligh the icon, the display name should appear at the bottom of the screen.

Options / Advanced Options / Applications. Review your installed software, in particular, you are looking for the display name you noted.

Highlight the applications, press Menu / Delete.

Hopefully, that does it.
    11-12-09 09:46 AM
    I removed and replaced the battery and that did it. Whew! Plus husband told me BlackBerrys don't get viruses. Yay!
    Just a question you said in first post that you rebooted then in the next post battery pull fixed it. How or wht kind of reboot did you do the first time?
    11-12-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD