I turned off all ny connections earlier and ever since I turned them back on I haven't had EVDO. I've just had 1xEV is this bad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 06:21 PM
    No. It may mean you are in a weaker signal area. If you know it should be EVDO where you are try a battery pull.

03-16-09 06:24 PM
    If that doesn't work try dialing *228 option 2. See if that works.

03-16-09 06:27 PM
    I turned off all ny connections earlier and ever since I turned them back on I haven't had EVDO. I've just had 1xEV is this bad?

VZW doesn't have EVDO only 1XEV.
    03-16-09 06:43 PM
    i believe 1XEV is evdo
    03-16-09 06:44 PM
    i believe 1XEV is evdo
    I agree, however the OP was asking why their phone was showing 1xEV and not EVDO? Verizon does not have EVDO it has 1XEV.
    03-16-09 06:54 PM
    I agree, however the OP was asking why their phone was showing 1xEV and not EVDO? Verizon does not have EVDO it has 1XEV.
    ahh. ok, if this is incorrect, i apologize, its something that i heard. i heard that sprint and verizon share "roaming" towers. if you are roaming, you might pick up a signal from a sprint tower, which would come up as 1XEV.
    maybe. again, im not sure.
    03-16-09 07:05 PM
    I do not ever think I have seen 1xEV, 1xev yes. 1x is NOT a good thing. Should be 1X or 1XEV. A small x means the device is not seeing the data. Most cases a battery reset will resolve this. other times *228 opt 2 can help as well as a register now, or manual programming. After all this is done and I have had to do this, wipe the device and reprogram everything again, this works 99% of the time.
    03-16-09 07:10 PM
    Sometimes the signal seems to get stuck in the 1x when turning connections back on. My hubby's BB can be sitting right by mine and have full 1XEV which is slightly annoying.

When mine does this, I do a battery pull and I get my 1XEV back again You might want to give it a try.
    03-16-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD