I have a Verizon 8330 running OS 4.5. I while back I kept getting the error message that the memory card I inserted contains errors with the 8 GB card I had in it. It would continously do the same thing even after formatting the card, so I assumed the card was bad and replaced it with a 2 GB card I had in another phone. After another month or so, I have started getting the same error. When I connect my BB to a PC via USB, the card is read correctly. Even when I do a check disk on the drive via the PC, it comes back clean. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    04-24-09 12:39 PM
    What is the error message you are/were getting?
    04-24-09 12:43 PM
    "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk checking utility on a computer."

When I put it in my work 8830, I get the same error, but when I plug either into a PC, the PC reads it fine and no errors are found with check disk. My concern is that the BB could be causing this to happen on mutliple cards.

The only apps I have that use the card are Slacker and Podtrapper. I also have some MP3s on the card.

Thanks
    04-24-09 12:52 PM
    Are you formatting the card on the computer or Blackberry? If not the BB then try that see if it works then.
    04-24-09 01:02 PM
    I always format it on the BB.
    04-24-09 01:08 PM
    This may help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/me...0/#post2146338

But if not might want to have Verizon take a look at it...
    04-24-09 01:52 PM
    There might be file on the card causing the errors. However, the fact that your computer's disk checking utility comes back with no errors is puzzling.

Maybe you can try to find another file/disk checking utility app on the net for download and give thay a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD