I'm new to this BlackBerry stuff, having recently switched from using Palm products for the last 4 or 5 years. I'm trying to get my contacts from Yahoo to my Verizon Wireless 8330. When I sync, the software connects to Yahoo and starts downloading my contacts, but at exactly number 300 of my 345 contacts, it stops and gives the error message, "The operation terminated unexpectedly." and nothing is transferred to the device. If I immediately try the sync again it gives, "Unknown error reported." If I close Desktop Manager and start over, I get the original message again, i.e. "terminated unexpectedly". I looked at contact #'s 300 and 301, and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm running 64-bit Vista on my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-16-08 12:48 AM
    I never could get my Yahoo address book to sync with my device. But I stumbled upon a workaround by accident. Export contacts from Yahoo in vCard format, then double-click on the vCard file in Vista. It automatically asked me if I wanted to add the contacts to Vista's Contacts application. This took a while, because I had to manually accept each one. (There may be an easier way to "accept all", but as I said, I came upon this by accident.) Next, setup BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync with Outlook (or Outlook Express). I don't have Outlook (or Express) on my laptop, but Desktop Manager found the data in Vista's Contacts. I didn't expect it to work, but it did. Hopefully this will help somebody out.
    12-17-08 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD