First time since I have had my 8310(4 months) this has happened.

While using "Desktop Manager" to download data to my computer I receive the following ERROR MESSAGE when it is downloading "PROFILES":

ERROR BACKING UP DATA BASES

No reason given for messsage,

HELP-How do I fix this??
    09-23-08 11:22 AM
    I had an error message also. I found that if I removed my memory card I was able to complete the back up successfully.
    09-23-08 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the reply

I pulled out my media card. Opened "desktop Manager" went to download and got the same ERROR message.

Hope someone else has a clue what to do??
    09-23-08 02:59 PM
    Thanks for the reply

I pulled out my media card. Opened "desktop Manager" went to download and got the same ERROR message.

Hope someone else has a clue what to do??
    09-23-08 03:10 PM
    You could try having a look at this thread. It offers some things to try.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f78/err...-backup-66118/
    09-23-08 03:14 PM
    Thanks- looked at thread-Did not help me???
    09-23-08 06:51 PM
    I'm having the same issue, only it claims to be a communication error. Something about the data not being recognized by the device. I wish I knew if it was safe to delete the profiles.

Hopefully someone will come along and help us out.
    09-23-08 07:24 PM
    You state--I wish I knew if it was safe to delete the profiles.

I had the same thought. I wanted to delete them and then try to see if Download would work. But I haven't since I really don't know what that would cause.

At least I now know I am not the only one with this problem.

Hope help comes along from someone else that will solve this problem for us???
    09-23-08 10:20 PM
    Do a selective back up and back up everything except Profiles. Its been happening to me lately and thats what i have to do.

Go to "Back up and restore", then "advanced" select everything but "profiles" and move it over to the other side. This should work, it works for me. Hopes this helps!!
    09-23-08 10:28 PM
    That worked!!!

I hope I don't have to do this often??

The question now is: What causes this?

Thanks again
    09-24-08 08:08 AM
    A Selective backup is a great suggestion and it does work well. But I'm picky and hate not having the option to do a full backup.
    09-24-08 10:46 AM
    First time since I have had my 8310(4 months) this has happened.

While using "Desktop Manager" to download data to my computer I receive the following ERROR MESSAGE when it is downloading "PROFILES":

ERROR BACKING UP DATA BASES

No reason given for messsage,

HELP-How do I fix this??
    I am having this same problem. I had to swap Curves tonight because for whatever reason, texting just completely stopped working on mine. Was within my first 30 days with exactly 2 days left, so VZW gave me a new (not refurbished) one for free. Before I went to exchange them though, tried to do a back up and got this message. Figured that curve was just funky, so got this new one home, reinstalled everything and went to do a backup, only to get the same error message once it got to the profiles.
    09-25-08 12:00 AM
    At one point I managed to somehow delete only one profile so there were 4 and the back up ran smoothly. But there is usually 5 profiles? and then I re-installed the OS because I was having other issues and now I have 6 profiles.

Either way, the back up still isn't right.
    09-25-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD