I lost my last post on this specific question...but here goes again...I'm getting this error message when I click to watch the video I downloaded to my Blackberry Curve 8330..."An error has occurred attempting to play media"...

Can anyone help me, I've been trying to resolve this issue for a couple days...I think I'm barely hanging on by a string now...lol!
    07-06-09 10:45 AM
    The video may not be the correct format.
    07-06-09 10:49 AM
    What formats work with the 8330 or how do I change the format?

SuperDave (513 I believe) had a very long list of videos in his thread for download, and I assumed it would work, since they are posted in a Blackberry forum. So, maybe some are in different formats? I'm soooo very confused!

Anyone with ANY knowledge of how to get those videos to play on my phone, please help. Thanks!
    07-06-09 10:54 AM
    Try using a converter to reformat the video to .3gp. I use Mediacoder, it is free. Here are the settings I use:

Video:

Mode: BitRate based; 450 kbs

Format: XVid

Container: 3GP

Audio: Nero Encoder
    Resample: 22050 khz
    Profile: LC-AAC
    Target BitRate: 24kbs

Picture:
    Resize: 320 x 240
    Crop: Disabled
    Frame Rate: 15 fps
    07-06-09 11:37 AM
    Thanks so much--where did you find Mediacoder?
    07-06-09 12:02 PM
    I lost my last post on this specific question...but here goes again...I'm getting this error message when I click to watch the video I downloaded to my Blackberry Curve 8330..."An error has occurred attempting to play media"...

Can anyone help me, I've been trying to resolve this issue for a couple days...I think I'm barely hanging on by a string now...lol!
    I fought with this too. I finally used the BB desktop manager, converted my video files there (which took awhile) and transferred them to my BB from desktop manager directly to my Blackberry. Just tested my videos, they all work!
    11-29-09 09:51 PM
    Try using a converter to reformat the video to .3gp. I use Mediacoder, it is free. Here are the settings I use:

Video:

Mode: BitRate based; 450 kbs

Format: XVid

Container: 3GP

Audio: Nero Encoder
    Resample: 22050 khz
    Profile: LC-AAC
    Target BitRate: 24kbs

Picture:
    Resize: 320 x 240
    Crop: Disabled
    Frame Rate: 15 fps
    Do you use these settings regardless of the movie?
    02-15-10 11:14 AM
    The simplest solution is to use Format Factory - you won't need to enter settings - it's automatic. Download and install, select convert to mobile device, select your BlackBerry screen resolution, then convert - you'll be able to browse and select your video file. It takes about 25 minutes to convert. Then drag and drop converted video onto your device.

FormatFactory downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 02-15-10 at 11:52 AM.
    02-15-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD