if i only want to use EQO for MSN, would it be free to talk on it to whoever i want?
    01-17-08 12:00 PM
    The website says that instant messaging is free. That assumes, of course, that you have a data plan with AT&T.
    01-17-08 12:25 PM
    i already have the program on my BB

and only plan on using it for MSN

however i do not have a plan nor simcard yet for my BB

is it only free with a BB data plan? or would it work with any?

because i do not plan on getting the BB plan
    01-17-08 12:57 PM
    In order to use this program, you will need some type of messaging or data plan for your BlackBerry, otherwise it will not work.
    01-17-08 02:04 PM
    alright i assumed that

so as long as i have type of data plan (ie a regular Rogers data plan) on my BB, then i can instant message for free?
    01-17-08 02:47 PM
    Short answer, yes. Qualification: up to the limits of your plan, as long as it is a data plan.
    01-17-08 03:31 PM
    Okay quick question on this EQO thing. I have a full data plan with At&t, unlimited browsing and 1500 text messages. My question is does this program (using it for MSN messenger only) use my text message allowance?

Thanks! Lylu<33
    01-17-08 09:18 PM
    From the help section on their website:

EQO sends a small amount of data over the Internet to set up your calls, send text messages and allow you to chat on your favorite IM networks. In order to do this, your phone needs to be able to access the Internet. This is commonly referred to as "having a data plan". You likely have a data plan if you frequently do things like surf the net using your mobile browser, download music, games, etc. If you are not sure if you have a data plan on your phone, contact your mobile provider.

EQO only uses a very small amount of data to make calls (in fact, only a few bytes) but your phone needs to be able to access the Internet to use EQO. You can ask your mobile provider what your data/Internet plan options are.
    01-17-08 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD