Has anybody had success downloading epocrates RX? I get to 80% of the "update download", then I get a reset error. I've tried it three times now and same message same spot. I know it's not the memory space because I have much more than required. What could be the problem?
    11-10-07 10:52 AM
    Yes I did it yesterday without problem... the first 80 % of instalation was really fast, but then it took about 20 min installing the rest of the application. Runs smoothly on Curve, but it doesn�t have the calculators you can get on Palm Devices. Also I would like to disable DocAlerts, since I don't really read them (probably sending them to an e-mail address would be a good option). I'll let you know how it works during the next couple of days.
    Bye the way, I'm in Mexico. I downloaded an "official released" version of Epocrates, not the beta one, that's probably why.
    Last edited by joseel; 11-11-07 at 08:43 AM.
    11-11-07 08:40 AM
    I installed Epocrates on my curve today... runs great!
    11-11-07 09:48 PM
    Yes I did it yesterday without problem... the first 80 % of instalation was really fast, but then it took about 20 min installing the rest of the application. Runs smoothly on Curve, but it doesn�t have the calculators you can get on Palm Devices. Also I would like to disable DocAlerts, since I don't really read them (probably sending them to an e-mail address would be a good option). I'll let you know how it works during the next couple of days.
    Bye the way, I'm in Mexico. I downloaded an "official released" version of Epocrates, not the beta one, that's probably why.
    The DocAlerts loaded fine, and same thing with me, I don't read them so that part does me no good. Are you downloading the free Epocrates RX version? I'm trying one more download and if it still doesn't load correctly I'm going to LexiComp.
    11-12-07 10:36 PM
    I just d/| Epocrates RX on my 8830WE without a problem. It took about 30 minutes.

Good luck, I hope you get it to d/l properly.
    11-14-07 06:08 PM
    I tried th install it on the Verizon world phone not sure how long it took but phone stopped working. Had a **** of a time getting the pho9ne to reboot (lots of error messages!!) Finally phone started and I quickly unloaded the software. I was wondering if I did something wrong (did over the air) or is it a problem with the Verizon version of the phone

Anyone who successfully installed it on the Verizon phone?
    11-18-07 11:44 AM
    Yes, took me 30min on my 8830. No problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-07 12:53 PM
    I am able to get the initial download just fine. I then go to the epocrates icon and try to get the update (which initially is the main, large download). It asks for the user ID and password and which days to automatically update. I fill in the info and hit the download button. Promptly I get an error stating that "cannot connect with the Internet, check internet settings" The internet is working perfectly for everything else. I have tried deleting, re-installing, changing the internet from wi-fi to edge and back again. No luck. I did the TCP wap.voicestream.net too and that didn't help either. Any other ideas?
    01-03-08 11:46 AM
    The exact thing happens to me too. Have you figured it out yet?
    01-23-08 04:43 PM
    Just got the 8130 Pearl this weekend for Verizon. First application I loaded was epocrates... and it took up all my memory! Has this happened to anyone else? Is the memory on the pearl that small?
    02-05-08 07:23 PM
    I loaded it on my 8320 without any problem. I tried to load it onto my husband's 8320 but it got hung up and everytime I tried to re-download, I would get the same error. I finally deleted the program, went into the browser cache and deleted all the history, cache, etc. and did a battery pull. Tried to re-download epocrates and voila, success! Same thing happened with Opera Mini after the first couple of failures. I changed the TCP setting to wap.voicestream.com and then cleared cache and battery pulled with final success there too. The leftover junk in the cache seems to keep causing repeat errors. Just something for you to try.
    02-05-08 07:36 PM
    i have an 8320 and i have the same deal. Program loads fine then the autoupdate says error can't connect to internet. My wifi is up an the browser works. WTH! Do you have to have a data plan w/tmobile for it to work or is a wifi connection sufficient?

Help
    02-08-08 01:19 PM
    Where do i go to download this program?? I was going to download micromedex but havent tried...i heard this program is better...
    02-08-08 01:42 PM
    epocrates.com

you have to register but rx is free.
    02-08-08 02:04 PM
    Can anyone recommend other "must-have" medical applications that are available for the BB? Also preferably free. Something similar to Diagnosaurus anyone?
    02-09-08 06:04 PM
    A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail from Epocrates regarding memory use and the possibility to install some features in an SD card� I miss MedCalc included in Palm Version, but as Nephrologist I've downloaded QxMD Nephrology, which you shoulod try in case you need some calculators�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 06:21 PM
    I've downloaded Epocrates OTA using BIS - no problem at all, even weekly updates are done without problem... no experience downloading using WAP, TCP or WiFi settings. It takes about 30 minutes to do it, and the updates takes between 10 and 15 minutes, but no problem at all. Probably cleaning cache would help.
    Regarding question about other medical software for BB I use QxMD - Nephrology (I suggested this in a previous post), but you can get Hematology and Cardiology I guess... good luck !
    03-23-08 12:08 PM
    I feel I don't have the available memory to run the epocrates program well. I am thinking of waiting until it becomes available for media card functioning. I would also like to be able to run their CME program but this does not work on a BB.
    03-23-08 12:19 PM
    This app will kill your memory! Be careful or you'll have missing emails, messages, and call logs!
    05-05-08 11:24 AM
    you can install lexi on this phone? if so then im deffantly going to switch i saw somewhere that you couldnt install medical programs but if i can install lexi it will make my life so much easier instead of carrying a phone and then my pda.
    05-05-08 10:38 PM
    Hi,
    Just want to know if blackberry curve is compatible with microsoft office progrmas like , powerpoint, PDF, words.. i know we can not edit but any problems viewing ?? thanks for your replies.
    07-10-08 10:42 AM
    My power keeps turning down, not sure what is happening. i am a new user, so it is the automatic blacking down, does tha tmean it is turning off? i am afraid so...please advise
    07-19-08 07:44 PM
    I had no issues either. Like others the first 80% is fast than very slow. Everything works great.
    07-19-08 08:56 PM
    I use it religiously, and have had no issues whatsoever with it. It did take a LONG time to download...about thirty minutes, but it is worth it!!
    07-19-08 09:04 PM
    I used to pay for Epocrates for the full Palm PDA version for the last 5 years or so since it first came out as Pro. I have not used my PDA in a while and just bought a curve and found the link somewhere for ePocrates RX. I used my same old id and password and d/l took like 45 min. I finally stopped watching and let it go while I selept thinking it may have frozen but unsure.
    Updates take like 5 or more minutes at the absolute most. Definite d/l for the quick lookup.
    Cons: Memory hog, stays in background (stays visible during the alt+esc switch apps).
    Pros: Remembers all my formularies I added years ago to select if covered or not. Easy lookup function for meds rather than carrying my palm t5 or a book around town.
    07-19-08 10:50 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD