I'm new at BB, can anybody help?
    how we can get Enterprise Activation Password to configure E mail setup?
    habtamu alem likes this.
    05-13-08 05:57 AM
    You must get it from the BES admin. When they add your account to BES, they then send you the password, which allows you to connect to BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 06:08 AM
    If you have to ask, something tells me you don't need it.

So, with that being said, please explain EXACTLY what you're trying to do...
    05-14-08 03:23 AM
    I want to configure my e mail account in my BB. when i try to E-mail set up in set up wizard, it ask has your BB enterprise server provide you Enterprise Activation Password? Now, i don't know how & from where i can get this password to set up E mail account.

Pl.help.
    Tayyab Zidu likes this.
    05-14-08 03:28 AM
    Ah, I take it you're trying to setup a GMail, Yahoo or Hotmail type of account, right?

Use the 'setup internet email' or 'setup personal email' option from your device. It will ask for the credentials from your said email account(s) - you're allowed up to 10...
    05-14-08 03:34 AM
    I'm in the same situation: noob trying to set up gmail and work pop mail on an 8320 with t-mobile.
    There is no 'setup internet email' or 'setup personal email' option on my device. Only an 'Enterprise Activation' option available in tools menu and through the setup wizard.
    What can I do? Thanks for the help.
    05-22-08 11:05 AM
    I'm in the same situation: noob trying to set up gmail and work pop mail on an 8320 with t-mobile.
    There is no 'setup internet email' or 'setup personal email' option on my device. Only an 'Enterprise Activation' option available in tools menu and through the setup wizard.
    What can I do? Thanks for the help.
    Sounds like you either don't have a data plan with your provider, or your device hasn't registered on their network.

Can you verify which data plan you have with your carrier?
    05-22-08 11:28 AM
    Ok I set up my email and everything seems to be working, I have Unlimited sms and mms. but when I changed my device on the blackberry bis I got this message, but I have an Unlocked BB Storm, how do I register it with T-Mobile? "If you haven't already done so, Register your blackberry device on the wireless network"
    11-05-09 10:49 AM
    i need a enterprise activation password for a bb 9630 to set up email how do i go about doing it im new to all this
    habtamu alem likes this.
    11-20-09 10:43 AM
    Enterprise activation = BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) = your IT department. Only they can configure that. If you're not working with an IT department, then you probably mean BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service), which can be done from your device in Email Setup, or by logging onto your carrier's BIS website, or by calling your carrier. Post back if you need more details.

11-20-09 03:57 PM
    Enterprise activation = BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) = your IT department. Only they can configure that. If you're not working with an IT department, then you probably mean BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service), which can be done from your device in Email Setup, or by logging onto your carrier's BIS website, or by calling your carrier. Post back if you need more details.

I have 3 email account that I register directly via Sprint BIS Web site and one of then I'm having a delay for my incoming (hotmail) emails. I re-download the service books and still getting the same delay, also under Advance Options/Enterprise Activation is asking me for an email and an Activation Password.......Now....from my 3 email, which one is the one i need to put here and what password I will be usinf here?
    12-07-09 08:59 PM
    Unless you are a BES user, the Enterprise Activation screen doesn't do anything for you. If you are a BES user, contact your IT administrator for the email address and password to use. The IT admin has to set you up on the BES and do his part to activate you, then give you a password that you can use to complete the activation. If none of that makes any sense to you, then most likely you are a BIS user and don't need Enterprise Activation.
    12-07-09 09:11 PM
    Uhhh.. Call your provider. Make sure you're provisioned for BIS. If you are provisioned correctly, go to options > advanced options > host routing table, Blackberry button, and register now. I bet it's provisioning.

I'm a Verizon T3 Data Tech.
    12-07-09 09:23 PM
    My IT Dept set me up with BES and i received the password, although when I try to activate my email, it says Activating and my email addy, for like 10 mins, then it says retrying, and starts the process over again. Is there something that my IT dept needs to do more, or something I need to do with my plan?
    12-08-09 08:35 AM
    If it keeps retrying, call IT back and have them reactivate you. That happened to me the last time.
    12-08-09 11:31 AM
    How can I contact IT departamanet? I bouth phone in UK and now using it in Lithuania. On my phone there is a Orange logo. Who i need to caontact?
    Sorry for my stupidity
    02-03-10 08:38 PM
    If you actually needed a BES activation, you'd need to contact your employer's IT department. Only you would know that name and number. Given your question, and since you bought your phone yourself rather than getting it from your employer, I suspect you don't really need BES activation. What you most likely want instead is to activate a BIS account with your carrier. That sounds like it would be Orange. I don't know how to contact them, but I found this in another thread: Orange UK BIS: "http://www.blackberry.orange.co.uk/" You could try that.
    02-03-10 08:47 PM
    Iv got a bb pearl and im trying to get bb messenger onto my phone. i cant set up my e-mail account because its asking for a enterprise activation password and i dont know what this is? can anyone help?
    04-07-10 02:52 PM
    You don't need an Enterprise Activation password unless you are using BlackBerry Enterprise Server. That's typical of a corporate BlackBerry. If that's your situation, you'll have to get the password from your IT administrator. Otherwise, skip the Enterprise Activation and set up a BIS account with your carrier, Vodaphone.
    04-07-10 03:17 PM
    OK, I am definetly new ar BB.. I tried to setup email, but i was asked a Enterprise Activation Password?? What is it and how to get it if I have a prepaid plan?? I was reading all those comments above and I had some difficulties anyway.. By the way, after half a year I am moving to another country, it means that i'm gonna change the carrier, does it matter or not?

Please help me.. I am really bad at these things.. would be nice if somebody could tell me what to do step by step..will be really grateful!!
    04-24-10 06:25 AM
    OK, I am definetly new ar BB.. I tried to setup email, but i was asked a Enterprise Activation Password?? What is it and how to get it if I have a prepaid plan?? I was reading all those comments above and I had some difficulties anyway.. By the way, after half a year I am moving to another country, it means that i'm gonna change the carrier, does it matter or not?

Please help me.. I am really bad at these things.. would be nice if somebody could tell me what to do step by step..will be really grateful!!
    The only way you need this password is to set up a corp email account, if you are not using that as a work device then you have no business setting up this enterprise activation, it will not work.
    04-24-10 06:54 AM

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan (BIS)? If not, you will NOT get the option to set up Personal Email.

You need to contact your carrier to get the proper data plan?
    04-24-10 07:35 AM
    OK, now I get it, that first of all, I need to get BIS and then I will be able to set up my Personal Email.

Thank you soooo much!!!!
    04-24-10 08:44 AM
    Yes you need a data plan for your device. When you set up your email your will not use the enterprise activation.
    04-24-10 08:46 AM
    hi, im wondering if anybody can help me..
    could some one please tell me how i get my activation code..
    when i click onto the email setup, ive heard it should give you 2 options..
    but on mine.. it only has one which is : I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server..
    i click next, then it asks whether my blackberry enterprise serves administrator provided me with an enterprise activation password, if i press no, it just tells me to contact the provider, but if i click yes..
    it asks me for email & password and the activation server address..
    is this something i can do myself? or will i have to take it back to the shop?
    sorry.. im new to the whole blackberry thing!
    Thankyou..
    07-14-10 08:39 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD