You have to get an activation password from your BES administrator. It's not something you can do yourself. Unless you got your phone from your employer, you generally want BIS, not BES. Did you buy your phone new from a store, or used? If you bought it used, it may have previously been used on a BES and still have an IT Policy installed on it. If you bought it new, and install Desktop Manager on your PC, you should have the choice of BES or BIS installation. Choose BIS.
    ben cowbell likes this.
    07-14-10 09:16 AM
    Okay.. thankyou..
    i have installed the desktop manager, but where do i get to choose between bes or bis ?
    and i brought it new..
    07-14-10 10:39 AM
    When you install Desktop Manager, you are given several choices. I don't remember the exact wording. You DON'T want to select the option that includes the word "Enterprise." If it's not clear which one to choose, post the choices you get and I can probably tell you which one you want.
    07-14-10 10:50 AM
    Okay.. its come up with the 2 options.. 1.integrate with a personal email account,
    & 2. integrate with a work account
    i clicked on the personal email account..
    do i still need to get the activation password ?
    07-14-10 11:05 AM
    Okay.. its come up with the 2 options.. 1.integrate with a personal email account,
    & 2. integrate with a work account
    i clicked on the personal email account..
    do i still need to get the activation password ?
    Integrate with personal email account is the correct answer, and no, you won't need an activation password.
    07-14-10 11:17 AM
    so i will be able to link my email account on my blackberry now ?
    07-14-10 11:19 AM
    so i will be able to link my email account on my blackberry now ?
    Yes. Just use the email setup wizard on your device, or on your carrier's BIS site. You don't need to use the Enterprise Activation function on your phone.
    07-14-10 11:33 AM
    I want to configure my e mail account in my BB. when i try to E-mail set up in set up wizard, it ask has your BB enterprise server provide you Enterprise Activation Password? Now, i don't know how & from where i can get this password to set up E mail account.

Pl.help.
    same problem situation... could somebody help me... how to contact the IT department? like what they said???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 06:07 PM
    The IT department refers to the BlackBerry support people at your employer. If your BlackBerry wasn't provided by your employer, you need to set up a BIS email account, not an Enterprise account. Just run the email setup wizard on your device, or on your carrier's BIS site. If you bought your BlackBerry used and don't have any option other than Enterprise email, then you probably have a left-over IT policy that needs to be removed. We can probably help you with that if you need it.

07-19-10 06:36 PM
    The IT department refers to the BlackBerry support people at your employer. If your BlackBerry wasn't provided by your employer, you need to set up a BIS email account, not an Enterprise account. Just run the email setup wizard on your device, or on your carrier's BIS site. If you bought your BlackBerry used and don't have any option other than Enterprise email, then you probably have a left-over IT policy that needs to be removed. We can probably help you with that if you need it.

I read all the posts before, and I am kinda new to this, so I am facing the same problem, and I have a wireless connection and I have a BIS plan too..
    It's a new 9300 Blackberry and don't have another choice but Enterprise activation, and I need to setup a personal email like Gmail , Hotmail, Yahoo and so on..

plz help ^^
    08-02-12 03:36 PM
    If you have to ask, something tells me you don't need it.

So, with that being said, please explain EXACTLY what you're trying to do...
    Sir, I used Blackberry Curve 9300 and I don't know what is my activation code my Father sent this phone from Dubai here in Philippines. My question is what is my email and activation for my enterprise activation?
    09-07-12 12:37 PM

I'm in the same boat as everyone else who's posted. i only have the option to set up an enterprize account in my email set up and want to set up a personal account. i however did buy my handset second hand and reckon like you said i need to remove a left over IT policy or something still on the phone.

Can you please help me with how i go about doing this??

Thanks!
    02-21-13 11:32 AM
    This post possibly answers your question: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post8004273
    02-22-13 08:05 PM
    Hi can you also help me? I need the enterprise activation password. I bought it used.
    04-25-13 06:45 AM
    It sounds like your device was previously used on an Enterprise Account. You likely need to remove the IT Policy. This thread will tell you how: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...y-phone-81401/. You're probably better off getting BBSAK than CrackUtil. The developer no longer supports CrackUtil and it won't work with newer OS versions. You can find BBSAK by googling BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife.
    04-25-13 07:12 AM
    I am trying to make my Blackberry Messenger work with WIFI on my 9900. Can anyone help me with this process via skype?

Daniel H
    04-26-13 06:28 PM
    what is blackberry admin
    05-05-13 06:52 AM
    hi, im wondering if anybody can help me..
    could some one please tell me how i get my activation code..
    when i click onto the email setup, ive heard it should give you 2 options..
    but on mine.. it only has one which is : I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server..
    i click next, then it asks whether my blackberry enterprise serves administrator provided me with an enterprise activation password, if i press no, it just tells me to contact the provider, but if i click yes..
    it asks me for email & password and the activation server address..
    is this something i can do myself? or will i have to take it back to the shop?
    sorry.. im new to the whole blackberry thing!
    Thankyou..
    09-22-13 04:28 AM
    I'm new at BB, can anybody help?
    how we can get Enterprise Activation Password to configure E mail setup?
    09-25-13 05:37 PM
    I'm not trying to put you off, but if you go back in this thread to post #26 and read from there, you will find the answers to your questions.
    09-27-13 08:56 AM
    it's me
    it's just for test.
    09-29-13 01:09 PM
    Ok I set up my email and everything seems to be working, I have Unlimited sms and mms. but when I changed my device on the blackberry bis I got this message, but I have an Unlocked BB Storm, how do I register it with T-Mobile? "If you haven't already done so, Register your blackberry device on the wireless network"
    10-11-13 12:25 PM
    You have to get an activation password from your BES administrator. It's not something you can do yourself. Unless you got your phone from your employer, you generally want BIS, not BES. Did you buy your phone new from a store, or used? If you bought it used, it may have previously been used on a BES and still have an IT Policy installed on it. If you bought it new, and install Desktop Manager on your PC, you should have the choice of BES or BIS installation. Choose BIS.
    10-11-13 12:28 PM
    think you so much
    01-15-14 02:30 PM
    I'm new at BB, can anybody help?
    how we can get Enterprise Activation Password to configure E mail setup?
    04-07-14 08:49 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD