I've just about had it with my Curve 8310. This thig has been running slower than molasses. I close all the programs properly (not just hitting the red "end button) and I still only have 9281419 bytes free out of 54919168! The blue arrows on the upper right side of the screen that indicate a program is loading are always on. Typing is a pain because this thing can't keep up. The hourglass is a constant thorn in my side and more than once this thing has just shut down on me completely. Not to mention that I'm deployed and can't just run to an AT&T store to have it checked. I deleted the unused info like it was suggested. The only after market stuff I have is the BB link, a poker game and Facebook. All of my media is stored on my 4gb media card. I deleted the demo music, pics and videos. Is there a way to just wipe this thing clean and reload the OS? I loved my BB at first. I was even gonna get one for my fiancee. Now I'm considering selling this thing and getting us both iphones. Someone please help me out here. Oh, and it's running version 4.2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 12:14 AM
    The blue arrows on the upper right are for data, not app processes. Have you tried a battery pull? You should have more than that free after removing unwanted apps and what not. I saw another thread similar to this where the user also had facebook. I'm beginning to wonder if that doesn't have something to do with the low memory issue.
    03-06-08 12:25 AM
    Reset> Alt, Caps and Delete simultaneously.
    03-06-08 12:37 AM
    i also have the Facebook app, and a lot more..

My 8310 includes:
    Facebook
    4 Website launchers(very small)
    Beyond411
    Viigo
    BBMaps
    Opera Mini
    JiveTalk
    iCall Manager
    BBWeather
    Art of War e-book
    BBProfiles
    4 separate pushed email accounts, with well over 150 emails saved in each one
    500+ SMS messages
    10 dl ringtones saved to device
    1 theme
    50+ entries in my Password Keeper
    i have the BB Today
    BB Zen
    Today Plus

I followed John Clarks thread on BBF, and with all that installed, i have 27mb free.
    All i can think of is that you unlocked all the themes, and installed them all to your BB...
    03-06-08 12:40 AM
    I think this just goes to show that RIM needs to design a tool to help manage where memory is going.
    03-06-08 01:10 AM
    Blacklatino, what will that do exactly? I think I did unlock all the themes. How do I get rid of the ones I don't want? I tried the battery pull and when it starts up the memory is still low. I'm going nuts over here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 06:53 AM
    03-06-08 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD