Please dispense with the 'shoulda searched the archives' posts. I did. No joy.

Anyway, my wife has a 8330 Curve and even though I totally wiped her call/message log and did a battery pull, the indicator at the top of her home screen still shows that she has one message. Anyone know why? Is it possible that the 20 or so unretrieved voice mails she is carrying in her VM box could keep the indicator lite on in spite of the fact that her message center is empty. Any help would be appreciated. Any sarcasm would not.

Thanks in advance.
    09-19-09 09:49 AM
    i just pulled my battery
    09-19-09 10:26 AM
    What kind of indicator are you seeing? An envelope? Missed Call icon?

Have her go into her voicemail and delete or listen to all VMs. Make sure none were skipped.

Go into EVERY folder and hit the U (for unread) button.

Check all folders including:

Hidden ones
    Saved messages
    Missed Calls logged in Message folder.

If you have your general "Messages" folder hidden (Menu-Show All), check there. PIN messages only go to that folder.

Go into your Call Log and delete those: Messages-Menu-View Folders-Phone Call Logs/Missed Calls.

*If you've done all of that, try a battery pull.
    09-19-09 10:31 AM
    Well first try to look at the messages folder, perhaps is hidden, an you have a pin message, that why you keep seen, first go to main screen push the left button of the pearl, an go so show all, you will see if the folder is hidden

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:32 AM
    I would do the messages folder it looks like and envelope and go into it then just scroll through all and that should clear them hope that works good luck.

09-19-09 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the help.. I knew I could count on my fellow crackberry users. And remember...

To those who've never held one, no explanation is possible. To those who have, none is necessary.
    09-21-09 01:11 PM
    so you got it fixed then ?
    09-21-09 01:14 PM
    so you got it fixed then ?
    Hey, not the OP, but I've had this prob for the whole 2 years I've had my 8320. Specifically, when I do a battery pull, or the keystroke pull simulation, my VM little cassette comes on. Going into VM proves no messages. Doesn't get rid of the indicator. I actually have to leave a message and clear the message to get rid of it. Call to TMO didn't produce results.

09-22-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD