Hi:

I have a BB 8310 and I wanted to separate my emails and text messages and I have done so EXCEPT that when i receive a email I do not see it on the email folder. It says "no messages" when i open it. Where did it go?? It does show that I have an email but I cannot find it.

Thanks
    Mary
    03-27-08 12:51 PM
    Should be in the inbox/folder for the email account.
    03-27-08 12:57 PM
    its not silly...........................there is no emails in that folder.
    03-27-08 01:02 PM
    Check your messages folder. Maybe you accidentally combined them rather than separate. If you still can't see them, do a battery pull.
    03-27-08 01:06 PM
    I have two folders that I can see on the screen of my BB 8310, I click to open them but there is no email in the email folder. I do show that I have one email.
    If I return to change the setting back to "combined" I will get the email to show in my email folder.

Anyone else have any ideas??

thanks
    03-27-08 01:08 PM
    a battery pull? you mean do a reboot??
    03-27-08 01:11 PM
    Ok Boy Genius, I did a battery pull and it still shows no messages on either, emial or text. On the screen it shows that I have 2 messages or emails.

What's next??
    03-27-08 01:16 PM
    Mmmm, did you wait a few seconds before putting the battery back in?

Try going to Message & viewing your email inbox only?
    03-27-08 01:24 PM
    yes I did and Im so confused...I really want this to work. Now I went back to change the options and all my emails and text messages show in my text message folder and nothing on my email folder...
    03-27-08 01:36 PM
    well if you guys think of anything else for me to do, leave a message here and I will check this site later. I have to go back to work now. Thanks for all your suggestions.
    Mary
    03-27-08 01:37 PM
    Mmmm.. I can't think of anything else.

Hopefully, one of our resident BB Geniuses can help you!

Hope things get sorted out - I know it's frustrating!

03-27-08 01:43 PM
    Ok let's work backwards here for a second. Did you separate your email and sms messages by going to messages > options > general options, then changing SMS and Email inboxes to separate? Or what did you do?
    03-27-08 01:59 PM
    ah if you are still here Sunkast, yes on the above that you wrote. Its really weird, if i reset it to "combined" the messages and emails re-appear on the message folder. But not on the emial folder.
    03-27-08 06:07 PM
    Ok. Separate them again, Then go to the home screen with all the icons. Press menu and show all. Make sure there aren't any hidden email inboxes there or in a folder.
    03-27-08 06:13 PM
    ok i did that and i tested it, sent a text message to myself and it ended up in the SMS and MMS folder and not in the original SMS folder. Is that where it suppose to go??
    03-27-08 06:20 PM
    Yes. It separates the SMS and Email.
    03-27-08 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD