When I click on an email link from within the blackberry browser, the email messages I write are received by recipient as a jumbled mess of letters and symbols instead of written message.....

Does anyone know what causes this?

Using a Blackberry Curve 8330 on Sprint network....
    10-09-09 10:17 AM
    There will always be some people that criticize what they don't understand and just don't understand your brilliance!

Or, maybe it's because you're sending out in HTML format and the receiving end is on an Exchange/BES system and your fancy email looks like crap because the first 3 pages of each message is HTML codes.

I get tons of messages like that (I'm on a BES). I have gotten used to going down a few pages to hunt thru messages for the actual message, hidden below. And yes, there are a few I can't figure out at all.

One trick I've found that works (sometimes), is to forward the messages to a Gmail account (which is accessible on the BB). I can read HTML messages from a Gmail account, and sometimes the message makes sense. It's only the BES side that doesn't do HTML. This is also my trick for attachments because BES doesn't permit downloading attachments to the BB.

W.
    10-17-09 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD