Is there a setting to receive emails in HTML format? When I receive emails on my PC, the emails display the text, logos and hyperlinksl whereas on my Curve, there is text and the code for the logos and hyperlinks. Sorry for the newbie question.
    12-27-07 12:53 PM
    You need this: Empower Your BlackBerry
    12-27-07 01:39 PM
    Yikes, I just installed the trial and it rocks!
    12-27-07 02:22 PM
    With Empower Your Blackberry being third party software, are there any device integration issues.

When I upgraded with AT&T recently, I had a Moto Q9h which is loaded with other third party software. After installing Blackberry Connect for the Moto Q, I had numerous and catastrophic integration issues which I believe were partly the result of Moto rushing a device to market when it was not ready.

I subsequently exchanged the device for a Curve and have been pleased with my device ever since. I am therefore hesitant to use third party software. I want to make sure that the functionality of the device is augmented and not degraded.
    12-27-07 04:07 PM
    With Empower Your Blackberry being third party software, are there any device integration issues.

When I upgraded with AT&T recently, I had a Moto Q9h which is loaded with other third party software. After installing Blackberry Connect for the Moto Q, I had numerous and catastrophic integration issues which I believe were partly the result of Moto rushing a device to market when it was not ready.

I subsequently exchanged the device for a Curve and have been pleased with my device ever since. I am therefore hesitant to use third party software. I want to make sure that the functionality of the device is augmented and not degraded.
    You'll find that the quality of Motorola devices and software is terrible compared to Blackberry; this applies to third party application development as well. I always research any applications I put on my phone and without exception, every 3rd party application has performed as it should on my Blackberry (from Google apps to 3rd party Instant Message clients and news readers).

You should try the Empower trial; I am loving it so far and have not had any issues with the 20+ emails I've received since I installed it. Worse case scenario, if you don't like it you can remove it - although I don't see a reason why not to like it; it does exactly what it's supposed to do (I do recommend getting rid of the cheesy sky background asap though).

Just make sure you know what you're getting. Empower is not a separate email client; it integrates into the existing Blackberry email client enabling HTML display of emails (lack of which has ALWAYS bothered me about Blackberrys).
    12-27-07 04:17 PM
    Does it require extra data to view the emails in HTML?
    12-27-07 04:28 PM
    is there any free apps to view emails in html?
    12-27-07 04:32 PM
    I use BBSmart and like it so far. I'm thinking of trying Empower now that I've seen it just to compare them. Anyone know the diff between the two?
    12-27-07 04:41 PM
    Does it require extra data to view the emails in HTML?
    Emails will consume more kbps to read than standard text, that's for sure. If you have a plan that charges you for data usage per kb, I'd consider not installing it (depending on how many HTML emails you think you get and if they're image-intensive or not).

is there any free apps to view emails in html?
    Not to my knowledge.

I use BBSmart and like it so far. I'm thinking of trying Empower now that I've seen it just to compare them. Anyone know the diff between the two?
    I think the difference is that BBSmart is a separate email client (is it not?) - I've never used it.

Empower is not an app; it simply enables the current Blackberry email app to read and display HTML. The pro version also enables you to add tons of other options. It basically doubles the capabilities of the current email app rather than adding a new secondary email app.
    12-27-07 05:08 PM
    Regarding Empower,

1) Can Empower Pro be purchased without buying the "std" version?
    2) Is the "pro" edition a full install?
    3) Does the "pro" edition overwrite the "std" if "std" were bought first then upgraded to "pro" edition?
    4) Where does the software load, on the device or memory card? Main concern being file size.
    12-28-07 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD