Has anyone experienced email that automatically delete? This has happened a few times to me, most recently a few seconds ago. They just vanish and everyrhing is gone even the saved items. Also I have that reoccuring hour glass icon, that won't leave the screen until the battery is removed. I have had to reset it this way atleast 2 times a day. I really like this phone but ther seems to be a lot of kinks. I've had it for little under two weeks, a friend and I purshased them together and he has already had to send his in. It completely shut down, just a blank screen. ATT tried rebooting but nothing.
    02-18-08 08:24 PM
    Sounds like you are running low on device memory. You can check by going to Options > Status, and looking at File Free. Anything under 10mb is considered low. The links below will help you free up some memory.

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Optimize your BB's Memory
    02-18-08 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the speedy reply. One other question. Are there any other useful downloads that can make my blackberry experience better? I am new to all of this, so far I only have mini opera, are there any other programs that I should know about? Thanks again.
    02-18-08 09:01 PM
    Check out the BB 101 series, and the tips and how tos forum. There are a few threads around here regarding "must have apps" and "first 10 things to do with your bb."
    02-18-08 09:12 PM
    I had a Pearl that keep deleting emails. I freed up all the memory I could (20Mb free) and still they disappeared. My company couldn't fix it so was upgraded to a Curve 8310 at 10:00 this morning. I deleted everythng I didn't need: Password Keeper, Brickbreaker, sample video, languages. By 9:00 this evening all of of today's emails are gone, except for one from Blackberry from Dec. 22. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS!!!! Right now I have 23 Mb free on my Curve.
    02-18-08 09:15 PM
    Is your BB connected to BES? If there is 23mb of free memory, then I would think that it is an issue with the server your company maintains. Look at it this way, you have had two different devices, both with ample free memory. The logical thinking in me says the problem must lie with something else.
    Last edited by sunkast; 02-18-08 at 09:21 PM.
    02-18-08 09:19 PM
    Not sure what BES means. My BB is connected to the company network along with many other users. It seems I am the only one with this problem. The IT guys only answer was to give me a new Curve with a new SIM card, wiped my account and created a new one, removed the desktop manager and reinstalled the desktop manager. They seem to be at a loss and are not going to want to see my face in their office in the morning.
    02-18-08 09:29 PM
    This was a GREAT thread...thank you! Somehow, I got down to 9 MB and got it back up to 16MB after following that step-by-step link...thanks!
    02-18-08 11:18 PM
    Keep an eye on your memory. I had to take the battery out of my Pearl every few hours to keep the memory up. It would lose (leak) 1Mb per day and delete the emails every couple of days. My 24 hour old Curve does not seem to leak memory, but it has deleted all my emails twice in 12 hours. It is absolutely worthless as an email device! I have not seen a ""fix & forget" answer to this problem anywhere. I am the only person on my company's BES (50 users all over the world) with this problem.
    02-19-08 07:11 AM
    Not sure what BES means. My BB is connected to the company network along with many other users. It seems I am the only one with this problem. The IT guys only answer was to give me a new Curve with a new SIM card, wiped my account and created a new one, removed the desktop manager and reinstalled the desktop manager. They seem to be at a loss and are not going to want to see my face in their office in the morning.
    The "BES" stands for Blackberry Enterprise Server and if you are connected the "company network" you are on a BES.

As for the "automatically deletion" of e-mails, that's a 1st for me! The only thing I can think of is that when reconciliation occurs the e-mails are being purged from the BB. Do you still see the same e-mails in your work e-mail software (ie. Outlook, etc..)?
    02-19-08 08:41 AM
    Thanks Sunkast. I will give it a shot and see what happens. Today I lost emails and one was a flight confirmation# and receipt. This really sucks.
    02-20-08 12:53 AM
    Only emails on the BB get deleted. Outlook still has them.
    The IT guy made a few minor changes to my email account and I have gone 24 hrs without losing any emails. He is contacting RIM to see if they have any kind of auto logging program that can be used to track whatever happens to my account. Anyone know if something is available?
    02-20-08 05:18 PM
    I delete some email from my bb, the email are still in outlook, is there any to get those email back on my bb
    Last edited by vergo; 02-21-08 at 02:47 PM.
    02-21-08 02:43 PM
    Ugh!!! I am going thru the same thing with my 8830!!! Who really feels like having to do a battery pull everday....Kind of annoying and it shouldnt be that way!!!!
    02-21-08 03:07 PM
    okay i had my afternoon sugar dose to calm down a bit before typing this rant.

2 weeks ago, upgraded my Rogers (Canada) 8700 o/s to 4.2.1 (supported) and since then have had all e-mails deleted twice. Rogers refuses to replace the unit (5 months out of warranty ) and Blackberry was no help either.

on my second restore...and they have basically told me to backup the device everyday. has anyone had a similar issue? do i have to go on living like this until i resort to flushing this thing down the crapper?

oh, when i lost the e-mails, all BB Messenger conversations ended too...if that helps with the symptoms.

on this most recent restore, i removed the "Waves Icon" (theme) that was free and supported by the previous o/s but not compatible with the new v4.2.1.

any ideas/suggestions are appreciated!

FYI - i currently have 38MB of free space on the device.
    03-03-08 03:20 PM
    I am having the same problem, but it only happens with one of the email accounts (I have two set up on the BB). This just started happening a few days ago (I think).

The problem that I was having was that on this same email account I was not receiving all of my emails. But now I am just wondering if they were being deleted before I could read them.

If anyone has any help on this issue it would be greatly appreciated, I have received more help on this site, than with numerous phone calls to tech support.
    03-03-08 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD