So this has been asked a billion times but I swear I have tried everything and can not get two different alerts for email and texts. They both go to message folder and yahoo folder. I do not get a alert just my blinking red light (which I do like). I need some help because soon my work email will be coming to my beloved BB and I would like to be able to keep them all to their own folder with own alert. Thanks.
    04-01-08 06:50 PM
    There is a way to seperate the two. Go into your messages folder, hit the menu button, go to Options, select General Options, at the bottom it says SMS and Email Inboxes: select "Serperate", save and you're good to go.
    04-01-08 07:13 PM
    I tried that and it still put it in the message and email. Maybe all messages texts,emails,mms etc are suppose to show in messages folder? When I delete from messages folder or email it deletes completely. I just text and emails seperate. Is there a way to create text only folder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 09:12 PM
    if you have it on seperate you should have an SMS folder, Email folder, and Messages folder. thats what i have.
    04-01-08 09:58 PM
    When I use the unlocked today theme of vodafone, (I use at&t). It has a seperate text folder vs email folder. They are seperate. They will go in the main folder, but you can hide that and use the other folders (the ones labeled for each mailbox). You might want to select menu then show all, maybe a foder is hidden. Hope this help a little

msblueline

04-01-08 11:03 PM
    I use the vodafone theme as well, and yes, it is separated.
    04-01-08 11:15 PM
    I used that theme before before I got the crossbar. Which ones you guys use, the 1st or 2nd (green) one?

BTW, you SMS should not be in the messages if you completed the steps above to separate them, correctly. I understand all your emails all go to the Messages folder, but this can be hidden.
    04-02-08 12:16 AM
    i have mine all going into the same folder
    they all make different tones and i never have to look to see what email or sms is getting a message
    even bbm has its own tone
    04-02-08 12:50 AM
    Do you know how to edit your profiles?
    Applications>scroll to profiles>scroll down to advanced>options button>edit profile

04-02-08 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD