I'm about to give up. By doing the following 23 steps, I have been able to get one of my 2 email accounts to forward to my phone, but I have to do the 23 steps at least once a day, because the e-mails always stop arriving at some point. I can always still send e-mail, use the browser, make and receive calls, etc. There never seems to be a reception problem. I have a week or so before I can cancel my service without obligation. I hate to go back to my old phone, but this is just too much work. Can anyone streamline these steps or (better still) tell me how to solve whatever the underlying problem is so that I don't need to do these steps once a day or more?

A. Online:
    1 Go to website sprint.blackberry.com and login
    2 Delete e-mail addresses and logout

B. On phone:
    1 Options / Advanced Options / Host routing table / BBbutton / Register Now / OK
    2 Options / Mobile Network / Sprint PCS / BBbutton / Start Provisioning (and wait) / OK
    3Wait until the up and down arrows in the upper right hand corner stop flashing
    4 Make sure the email icons disappear
    5 Turn off phone
    6 Pull battery

C. Online:
    2 Add e-mail addresses
    3 Help / Send service books
    4 Logout

D. On phone:
    1 Put in battery and let phone turn on
    2 Wait until the up and down arrows in the upper right hand corner stop flashing
    3 Options / Advanced Options / Host routing table / BBbutton / Register Now / OK
    4 Options / Mobile Network / Sprint PCS / BBbutton / Start Provisioning (and wait) / OK
    5 Wait until the up and down arrows in the upper right hand corner stop flashing
    6 Turn off phone
    7 Pull battery, wait a few minutes
    8 Put in battery and let phone turn on

E. Online:
    1 Send a test message to email addresses

F. On phone:
    1 Check phone to see if the msgs have arrived at both e-mail addresses
    2 If msgs don't arrive on phone, wait 15 minutes and check online
    08-18-10 01:21 PM
    A. Online:
    2 Add e-mail addresses, make sure no filters are applied
    3 Help / Send service books
    4 Logout

A. (Or) On phone:
    1 Go to Email Settings icon and login
    2 Add emails
    3 Hit BB button> Service Books> Send Service Books
    4 Exit

B. On phone:
    1 Options / Advanced Options / Host routing table / BBbutton / Register Now
    2 Pull battery
    3 Put in battery and let phone turn on

C. Online:
    1 Send a test message to email addresses. Make sure you're not sending to an email account from that same account. Can't be bob@gmail to bob@gmail. Must be bob@gmail to joe@gmail

D. On phone:
    1 Check phone to see if the msgs have arrived at both e-mail addresses
    2 If msgs don't arrive on phone, wait 15 minutes and check online

Finally if this doesn't work do the one step you left out... Call Sprint because you've done everything in your power and they need to fix it.
    08-18-10 02:15 PM
    Thanks. I've spent about 8 hours on the phone with Sprint by now and they have not been able to keep the phone receiving messages. A couple of times, after doing all the steps, messages have come for a couple of hours, but they always stop. Sending e-mail on the phone always works and browsing on the phone always works. It always works as a phone too. Only receiving e-mail seems to be impossible to do for more than a few hours at a stretch. Then I have to do all the steps again, which is a hassle that (I think) I should not have to go through.
    08-19-10 01:47 PM
    I had a BlackBerry on Metro PCS that had that exact problem. Do you live in an area with strong Sprint coverage? Also, you might try a factory wipe and reinstall the OS, though I can say from experience that probably won't help much.
    08-19-10 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD