I have 3 icons on my home screen that I am working with: "SMS and MMS", "My Email", and "Messages". I have separated my SMS and Email messages, which I have figured out just fine.

The "Messages" icon is what is bothering me. Whenever I get an email, it puts a red star on this icon as opposed to the "My email" icon. I realize that I can hide the "Messages" icon, but even when I do that, I still don't get a red star notification on "My Email" icon. My "SMS and MMS" folder works just fine. When I receive a SMS it gives me a red star notification on that icon, not on the "Messages" icon.

Hopefully I am not making this question too confusing. Essentially, I want to receive a red star notification on my "Email" icon, not on my "Messages" icon.
    01-26-09 03:15 PM
    Sadly i believe it will actually show up over both of them, atleast mine always has. I have moved the messages one to the bottom of the list, so i never have to see it. It was my quick fix, haha.
    01-26-09 03:40 PM
    I hid my messages icon in my apps folder. I am not sure of a way to do what you are asking though - hope someone can help. I did not want to hide the messages folder because for some reason once I got a message that was only in there. Not sure why.....
    01-26-09 03:42 PM
    Well, I actually don't mind if the red star shows up on both of them, because I can always just hide it. The red star is showing up only on the "messages" icon and not on my "email" icon.
    01-26-09 03:44 PM
    Hmm, that is strange because I could have sworn it used to put a red star notification on my email icon, but now it doesn't show.

Does anyone else have any ideas?
    01-26-09 04:33 PM
    I'm having the same problem. It used to show up on both the email and messages icons but I deleted the email account off my BB and then added it again. Now it only shows up on the messages icon.

I have another email address on my BB and when I receive a message, it shows up on both the email and messages icons.
    01-31-09 08:00 PM
    Nevermind. Just did a hard reset and it fixed the problem. Shoulda tried that first.
    01-31-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD