So here I go and bought a Curve 8300 used, now everything works well but since the phone was used , Im having problems seting up my email with it.. on the email setup option I have to options:

*I want to use a work email account with Blackberry Enterprise Server

*I want to skip email

now I i use it for personnal purpouse* and not work so I cannot setup my email, is there anyway to receive my set it up where I can use my own email like my gmail, hotmail etc.... please help......
    02-02-08 07:05 PM
    Hey I am having the same problem. Did you go on to your carrier's site and create the account. I did that with ATT. I read in the Blackberry 101 tutorial that you should receive a confirmation email saying it is working. I never received one. I'm not sure what is wrong with mine. I have scoured my phone and still no luck. If I figure something out, I'll let you know. Please do the same, thanks!!
    02-03-08 12:13 AM
    yes, Im still having problems with it, I also made an ATT email and all the rest but no luck... LOVE the phone but this is driving me nuts....ARGHHHH
    02-03-08 06:47 AM
    Do you guys have data plans? When I got my plan the carrier sent the service books to my phone and one of them was the e-mail set up programme.
    Before that I had the same problem as you where I only had a choice of a work e-mail.
    02-03-08 08:16 AM
    yes i have the data plan. my media net browser displays web pages just fine. under one of the options pages on my phone, it says data plan: yes. so maybe my carrier (ATT) hasn't sent the service book to my phone? if so i will be calling shortly to get them to send it.
    02-04-08 04:58 PM
    i finally got mine fixed, here's what happened, maybe same thing's happening to you. i originally called att to confirm my new plan. the guy i spoke with said my BB personal unlimited data plan was activated and i'm good to go. today i'm looking at my current usage and see under "internet/media net" that "0 is included, 5.7mb used". i know that media net is expensive and this didn't look right so i called att. apparently the first person i spoke with a few days ago didnt add the data plan at all. i was using the media net, which costs $0.10 per kb. well i found out if i hadn't called it would have been $578 after just 4 days of use charged to my account. i spoke to a a phone rep that knew what they were talking about finally and she submitted a request for that to be immediately dropped from my account. once my data plan was finally added, i had already gone on att.blackberry.com and set up my personal email addy. i got a text saying to turn my phone off, once on, what do you know it finally worked, email and internet are finally on my BB. i dunno if any of that makes sense to you, but if not PM me and i'll try to help you some more. i know how frustrating it can be. late.
    02-05-08 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD