I posted an earlier thread that perhaps was not clear.

iirc.. when i first set up gmail and yahoo i thought " email settings" were under the blackberry "system"...

then all the sudden they stopped working.. next thing i know i was in a verizon website and now each time i click email setting the verizon logo comes up and i have to log it there..

is this normal or just another Verizon ?better idea?.... it just seems cumbersome.. was it switched?.. if so how to i dump the verizon protocol and use blackberry for "email settings"???

i found out how to ditch the verison messenger .. what a lame program that was

thanks
    Wayne
    10-22-08 10:08 AM
    I can't seem to figure out what your asking is it that you want to add or remove email accounts? Thru the Verizon BIS service?
    10-22-08 10:14 AM
    ok.. do the email accounts actually run through verizon . or can be run through blackberry's system.

thanks
    10-22-08 10:34 AM
    ok.. do the email accounts actually run through verizon . or can be run through blackberry's system.

thanks

You can have a Your [email protected] or you can import your own email address's, Ex Yahoo, Gmail. Up to 10 accounts.

You can do all that here.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    10-22-08 10:40 AM
    That's your carrier's BIS page. It's your official Blackberry email server, with all your account settings. I *think* that Verizon owns (or more likely leases) and operates the server, but it's still RIM's software, etc.

P.S. My understanding is that ALL of your email goes first through the BIS, and then out to your email host's servers. Could be wrong, though.
    10-22-08 10:52 AM
    10-22-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD