I just got my new BB Curve and I'm lost already I never perceived myself as the technologically-behind type but I can't even get my email set up correctly!

What I did was... I went to the BIS webpage for my carrier. I created a new account with my PIN and then added my two email addresses with the passwords. One is a gmail account; the other is my college email account, which brings up another point of confusion.

My college started using gmail app, so although I receive/send emails through [email protected], it's coming through gmail, if that makes any sense (but I can't actually log in from gmail.com). This has really confused me when it came to setting up an email client on my computer, which I still have not succeeded in...

But in any case, on the newlycreated-BIS webpage, I set up [email protected] and [email protected].

Then I went to both my gmail and my college/gmail app site to "enable IMAP". Save...

Is there something else I'm supposed to do? I'm still not receiving mail on the BB.
    01-06-09 08:56 AM
    you can download the Google Mobile app which logs into GMail as if you were at the web page, thats just to let you know there is an app avail, find the Personal E-Mail Setup icon on your homescreen and setup the accounts in there if it shows you have none setup already, since you setup an BIS acct it should ask you to login, i had to create the accts on my BB instead of through the BIS site first. What carrier and what model BB? Try resending your service books, Opt>Adv Opt>Serv Bks, always a good thing to try...
    Last edited by ghostshell; 01-06-09 at 09:47 AM.
    01-06-09 09:34 AM
    did you try resending service books?
    01-06-09 09:44 AM
    umm what's a service book? :-/ when I clicked to send it, I got a copy of the welcome message in each of my two email accounts. I already got this welcome message yesterday when I initially signed up for an account on the BIS website though...

I have a Verizon Curve 8330
    01-06-09 10:07 AM
    yep that's what it's supposed to send...try and see if your email is working now.
    01-06-09 10:36 AM
    hm okay. gmail seems to be working.

the thing is, on my computer, i have gmail forwarded to my school mail/gmail apps. so theoretically, since i have both set up on my BB, i should have gotten two copies of this particular email, but i only received one in the gmail, not on my school mail.

do you happen to know how to work with gmail apps on BB??
    01-06-09 10:42 AM
    hm okay. gmail seems to be working.

the thing is, on my computer, i have gmail forwarded to my school mail/gmail apps. so theoretically, since i have both set up on my BB, i should have gotten two copies of this particular email, but i only received one in the gmail, not on my school mail.

do you happen to know how to work with gmail apps on BB??
    Even though your Gmail seems to be working now, I would take a minute or two and make sure your setting are exactly as advised in the link below. The link is Blackberry instructions directly from Gmail.

LINK

Let me know if this helps.
    01-06-09 10:47 AM
    Yu will have to see if your school email is supported.
    01-06-09 10:48 AM
    Even though your Gmail seems to be working now, I would take a minute or two and make sure your setting are exactly as advised in the link below. The link is Blackberry instructions directly from Gmail.

LINK

Let me know if this helps.
    Haha, sweet. That's what I was just looking at. except, not so sweet because I can't seem to follow it

so I'm trying to take the instruction pretty literally here... but with some differences.

so here's what I did:

1. Yes, IMAP is enabled on both gmail and gmail app (school).
    2. From BB homescreen, I clicked on Set up Wizard
    3. I selected "email setup"

Now, what I get isn't on the gmail help page but I'm sure they aren't being so step-by-step??: I get led to a page with 3 options (1. i want to create or add an email address... 2. I want to use a work email account with a BES... 3. I want to skip email set up). I click on the first option.

Then I get connected to a page that says either log in or create a new account. This is the same as the BIS-Verizon site I went to on my laptop to initially create an account using my PIN... so I log in...

And now I feel completely diverged from what the gmail help is trying to get me to do. What am I supposed to be doing?!

Yu will have to see if your school email is supported.
    Hm, if the school email is through gmail apps though, and "powered by google," shouldn't it work if regular gmail works?
    01-06-09 10:56 AM
    When I get home I will attempt to make a video for you of the process while I add my gmail account to my blackberry. I know it does get confusing at some points of the walk through. PM if you figure it out before then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 02:18 PM
    your provider should have a setion on the main site that allows you to setup email accounts.
    it should be in your account.

go there and you can setup your email accounts real easy.
    just enter your email user name and password and it should be good to go.

that is how i set mine up with tmo.
    01-06-09 04:43 PM
    thanks everyone! i figured it out. i deleted my school "account" and started fresh with gmail help's instruction and it worked
    01-06-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD