I have had trouble with my 8330 since day 1 trying to email pics. About 80 percent of the time they will not go through. It will be in send mode for about 30-45 minutes and then the red x comes up. I email pics almost daily for work and it sucks having to come home to download and then send. Much rather just send as soon as I take them. The email I am using is msn. I guess I will try to setup a gmail account to see if that helps. Anyone have any insight on this issue? Oh ya I have .131 if that helps at all. Thanks.
    09-19-09 10:26 PM
    try opening camera app then menu click and select options then change picture size to smallest setting . See if it helps out any . .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:31 PM
    I'm not as knowledgable as some of the people here, but I would think maybe updating your firmware could help. Have you tried doing that through Desktop Manager?
    Also, I wonder if it could be a network issue.
    Again, maybe I shouldn't even weigh in as I'm on Verizon and use Gmail instead of MSN. Definitely a good idea to try Gmail as a troubleshooting step. Just some thoughts of things to look into.
    09-19-09 10:38 PM
    I have the same issue for the past month. Neither my BB account or my Live account works to send pics. They both worked all the time before that though.. I have the latest software, resent service books, and even re-provisioned my phone..

09-19-09 10:42 PM
    I think its a network issue. I had that problem a month ago, and Verizon fix it *it was on their end*.

09-19-09 10:44 PM
    Ya, I got my phone July 31 and it use to send about 50 percent now it is under 20 percent that goes through. Wonder if it is a Sprint issue?
    09-19-09 10:46 PM
    Ya, I got my phone July 31 and it use to send about 50 percent now it is under 20 percent that goes through. Wonder if it is a Sprint issue?
    It very well could be. I would still try gmail (try it tonight by sending pics from your phone to your MSN email addy or another one) and see how it is. That'll help you narrow it down somewhat as far as whether it's your email service or not.
    I would first contact Sprint and see if they're aware of an issue as that could save you a lot of potentially unnecessary troubleshooting time (I do tech support -- not for BB's-- and it's always best to see if there's a system issue before wasting your time.)
    Last edited by CurveDave; 09-19-09 at 10:50 PM.
    09-19-09 10:48 PM
    I have no problems, but sometimes it takes a cpl mins if im doing alot on the cell, but sometimes it could be the network weekends are busy then week days i noticed, also might be a area in your home where connection is slow, certain room i ran into that before with my old Razor.
    09-19-09 11:03 PM
    Well just d/l gmail and it worked. Also sent sprint a message just to see if there was something going on their end.

09-20-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD