This may be difficult to explain.

You know how on your PC you can, for instance, click Control-P to print the webpage you're on and right click your mouse to email the page your on?

Is there a way to do that from your BB?

I have an App for Asthma. I have emailed the Owners this question. There is no way to email the chart of my peak flow readings, just the asthma logs. I have the chart on my BB page, hit menu, and no way to email the chart.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 12:23 PM
    This should work:
    Menu key> scroll down to "Send Address"; click that, and then click email, and enter the Send To address.
    07-20-10 01:39 PM
    Thank you...but the app won't allow that.

I was hoping there could be a way like: ALT-Eor ALT-M.

07-20-10 01:49 PM
    Sorry, I thought you had a web-based app. Can your app export to Excel or CSV or another format?
    07-20-10 03:00 PM
    It just occurred to me that you may want a screen shot app. There are several. CaptureIt is a free one that people seem to like.

http://m.thetechmogul.com/
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 07-20-10 at 03:09 PM.
    07-20-10 03:06 PM
    Please don't apologize. I'm having a hard time explaining my problem. Even though I've had my Curve 8330 for 2 years, I'm still such a Newbie.

I appreciate the help!

Yes there is: Import to CSV (don't know what that means.). And an Export to CSV.

This app is called Asthma Tracker and it has asthma logs and asthma charts. You can email the logs, but not the charts. I thought it would be easier to print the chart.

07-20-10 04:11 PM
    If the entire chart fits on the screen without scrolling, then you can use the screen shot capture app to make an image of the screen, which you would email to the doctor.

The CSV file can be opened in Excel which could re-create the chart, if the right data is included in the CSV file.

I hope one of these methods will work for you.
    07-20-10 05:09 PM
    You are a God. Or Goddess.

I still don't know what you mean with the CSV, does that mean I have to take the sim card out and download to my computer?

I just downloaded captureit! Thanks so much! I figured out how to email the chart with it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    07-20-10 05:16 PM
    You're welcome! Will you be satisfied with CaptureIt, or do you want me to explain what to do with the CSV file?
    07-20-10 05:20 PM
    If you have a moment, could you please explain?

07-20-10 05:22 PM
    Do you have Excel on your computer?

You don't need it but it makes it a little easier to understand.
    07-20-10 05:24 PM
    Whatever came with the computer. WordPerfecr Office 12 and WordPerfect OfficeReady. No Excel. Don't you have to pay for that?

07-20-10 05:28 PM
    In your app, save the chart (or logs, whatever it lets you save) as a CSV file. It should save it somewhere on your media card. Hopefully you can see exactly where.

Connect your BB to your PC via USB. Say Yes to enable mass storage mode. On your computer, open the file to view files (on the BB media card.) Browse to your CSV file. Transfer it to your computer. The desktop is fine for now.

If you have Excel, try to open the CSV file. I think you will see a couple of columns of data: probably one for the time of the entry, and another for the reading. These can be charted in Excel.

If you don't have Excel, you can open the CSV file using Windows Notepad. You will see all the data but you can't make a chart with it.
    07-20-10 05:33 PM
    I posted before I saw your reply. Does your WordPerfect Office have Quattro Pro? That should be able to open it also. That's a competitor to Excel.
    07-20-10 05:36 PM
    Once you prove to yourself that the CSV file has the right data, call the doctor's office and ask if you can email a CSV file. They should say yes, and they will handle the data the way they want after they receive it from you.
    07-20-10 05:44 PM
    Wow! Thanks so much! I will try and let you know!

07-20-10 06:56 PM
    Yes, my computer has Quattro Pro.
    07-20-10 07:01 PM
    Okay tt, I did what you said, have no idea what I did and I think it worked! The only problem is that it transferred the asthma logs and not asthma charts. But that is the apps problem. But with captureit, I think I can capture the chart that way.

I had to assign captureit to one of my sidekeys, but I'm okay with that.

Thanks so much!
    07-20-10 07:32 PM
    I think the logs and charts contain the same data. Your doctor's office should be able to make the charts from the log data. Did you ever send them the log from your app and ask them? (I wish I had thought to ask this hours ago!)

To recap, there are three things you can send them:
    1. Log data from app
    2. CSV export from app
    3. Picture of chart by taking a screen shot
    07-20-10 09:08 PM
    I can't thank you enough for your help. I was really getting frustrated. I had emailed the maker of the app a month ago in anticipation for my dr's appt next week, they said they'd get back to me after a meeting. Emailed again last week, they had no answer yet.

Can't wait to tell my Pulmonary Dr. about this app. I'll find out then if he wants me to email my info to him. My GP already knows about the app and I want to print out the info for both doctors. I just recently was diagnosed with asthma and I'm still learning about my triggers and readings.

Thank you so much! I hope you have a great rest of the week!
    Stephanie

07-20-10 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD