Newbie here. I searched the forum for an answer but had no luck. I have separated my email and SMS. I also have 2 personal (internet) mail accounts setup. The only thing bugging me is that I get an SMS notifying me of every email I received, in addition to the actual email in the appropriate folder. The SMS just contains From, Subject, my phone number and an ID (1 or 2, depending on the email account).

I get 100 emails a day and can't have these flooding my SMS. There must be a way to disable these notifications, but I haven't found out how yet.

Any help?

Thanks!
    09-29-08 12:11 PM
    What the heck, I've never heard of anything like this. Does it say who the SMS is from?
    09-29-08 01:17 PM
    What the heck, I've never heard of anything like this. Does it say who the SMS is from?
    Me either. I keep passing by this post and have not the slightest idea...
    09-29-08 01:18 PM
    Newbie here. I searched the forum for an answer but had no luck. I have separated my email and SMS. I also have 2 personal (internet) mail accounts setup. The only thing bugging me is that I get an SMS notifying me of every email I received, in addition to the actual email in the appropriate folder. The SMS just contains From, Subject, my phone number and an ID (1 or 2, depending on the email account).

I get 100 emails a day and can't have these flooding my SMS. There must be a way to disable these notifications, but I haven't found out how yet.

Any help?

Thanks!
    Did you happen to have a windows mobile device prior to your BLackberry?
    09-29-08 01:43 PM
    Sometimes pending on your e-mail provider, i know GMX has this, you can have sms's sent to your phone, if at one time you provided them with your number, when a incoming e-mail arrives.

Check your setting with your e-mail provider.
    09-29-08 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD