Hi everyone

I downloaded the 4.5 software all the settings are back on my phone and it's been working perfectly. I've noticed one little issue though - On my home screen I have a messages icon, and then one icon for each of the two emails I have set up on my phone. Prior to this upgrade when I got an email, I would see a star in the messages folder, and also a star in the folder for that email so I could distinguish between emails and texts. Now the emails still filter into the messages folder, and their own folder, but I only get that red new message star in the messages icon. sorry for the bad explanation, but is there anyway to fix this?? i looked thought options, etc, and everything appears to be the same settings as before. Small problem, I know, but very annoying!

Thanks!
    Shell
    11-06-08 06:12 PM
    It makes sense, no idea though. There was a thread about this before, but I don't know if they found a solution. I'll look.
    11-06-08 06:14 PM
    Open messages icon>hit menu>options>general options, scroll down and click seperate SMS from E-mail...
    11-06-08 06:15 PM
    I found it, but they just did a battery pull, did you try that?
    11-06-08 06:17 PM
    Open messages icon>hit menu>options>general options, scroll down and click separate SMS from E-mail...
    I just did that and am just waiting for an email to come through now So now an email message will still come in to my message folder ANd email folder as new message?

I didn't do a battery pull, if the above doesn't work should I?

Thanks for the help!
    11-06-08 06:30 PM
    I have all my email come to my Messages folder, and I hide the actual email folder..
    11-06-08 06:32 PM
    Oh wait, all that did was give me another folder on my home screen that combined sms and mms messages, besides the messages folder, plus the two email folders. That's not how I had it..in email options, it always said theme controlled instead of separate and it worked fine. Any other suggestions? I'm doing a battery pull now..
    11-06-08 06:34 PM
    I have all my email come to my Messages folder, and I hide the actual email folder..
    I liked having the email folders as well as the message folder because I liked seeing where the email was coming from.
    11-06-08 06:35 PM
    It doesnt sound like anything is wrong though, its how you want to set it all up..

Like, I have my SMS/MMS seperate from my messages, and I hide the email folder..
    Prior to this upgrade when I got an email, I would see a star in the messages folder, and also a star in the folder for that email so I could distinguish between emails and texts. Now the emails still filter into the messages folder, and their own folder, but I only get that red new message star in the messages icon.
    Sounds like they are already seperated, you just want the indicator on the email icon along with the messages icon, correct?
    I liked having the email folders as well as the message folder because I liked seeing where the email was coming from.

Seeing where te email was coming from? ohhhh you mean what address, gotcha..
    11-06-08 06:36 PM
    Oh, isnt there an option under the email settings for the notifier thingy? is that on for all of your accounts?
    11-06-08 06:38 PM
    I realize what you wanted now. Alot of people ask how to seperate cause it drives them nuts having them combined...
    11-06-08 06:38 PM
    Sounds like they are already seperated, you just want the indicator on the email icon along with the messages icon, correct?
    Right..that's how it always was but it's not doing it now
    11-06-08 06:39 PM
    OK, so I guess battery pull didn't work?
    11-06-08 06:41 PM
    Oh, isnt there an option under the email settings for the notifier thingy? is that on for all of your accounts?
    I just checked and the new message indicator is on. Ughh!
    11-06-08 06:41 PM
    Try opening Messages > Menu > Options > General > Display New Messages Indicator > is it set to "yes"? (thoug I think this is for the actual messages icon and not the email icon) worth a look.
    11-06-08 06:42 PM
    OK, so I guess battery pull didn't work?
    Nope Still the same..
    11-06-08 06:43 PM
    In all of your email folders, under options, general settings, is the new message indicator off or on?
    11-06-08 06:43 PM
    New message indicator is on for all.
    11-06-08 06:45 PM
    Ok, I'm out. You could resend books and reregister, but I don't think that controls the indicator. Maybe just a glitch in the 4.5, where did you get it?
    11-06-08 06:46 PM
    Are you using a factory theme?
    11-06-08 06:46 PM
    Yuh, try changing themes for a min...
    11-06-08 06:47 PM
    I got the software upgrade through Verizon. I am using a facotry theme (I'm not smart enough to install other ones, just learned how to do ringtones on here, lol)
    11-06-08 06:53 PM
    Im lost, maybe you call verizon and see what story they offer LOL

I really dont know, like I said, I hide all mine, so Ive never really had an issue, Im sorry you havnt gotten then answer yet
    11-06-08 06:55 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD