My Email Notification says i have 1 new unread email. But i DON'T. I have gone to the lastest date and have done mark prior read.....Doesn't help! why is this happening....its annoying to think i always have a message when i don't.

Please Help..THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    11-25-08 07:34 AM
    Check ALL folders, even hidden, saved, call logging.

If all are empty do a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-25-08 at 09:32 AM.
    11-25-08 07:36 AM
    Are you using Gmail? If you are, there's an issue with that happening with the gmail program. There's a setting that needs changed to prevent that
    11-25-08 08:31 AM
    I thought that for the longest time, too.
    Turns out it was my missed calls. You have to acknowledge those.
    11-25-08 09:28 AM
    in the end, once u get used to all your apps, you'll know where the messages can come from if their not in your standard message box. Myspace app does that to me from time to time or sometimes the red light will flash but theres no message at all. It isnt a big deal and it usually corrects itself in time. If it bothers a lot, a battery pull does fix if it there really isn't a message at all
    11-25-08 09:39 AM
    If one of the above does not fix the problem, resend your Service Books How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ.

If that does not fix it then connect your phone to Desktop Manager and do a Backup and then a restore.

If that does not fix it then connect to Desktop Manager and select Backup/Restore and then Advanced, select Message List Options and then press Clear.
    11-25-08 11:10 AM
    were you in a non-service area, trying to load an Internet page, and clicked Save Request?

if you did, you get a message notification when your page becomes available. Unhide all of the stuff you usually hide, and see if it's in there.
    11-25-08 07:08 PM
    Chrissy probably sent you an invisible email. If its not in your saved messages do a battery pull. That don't do it for you...then follow Pete's advice

11-25-08 07:42 PM
    Yeah battery pull always fixes this for me also.

11-25-08 07:56 PM
    Chrissy probably sent you an invisible email.
    i have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by chrisy520; 11-26-08 at 10:09 AM.
    11-26-08 10:05 AM
    I thought that for the longest time, too.
    Turns out it was my missed calls. You have to acknowledge those.
    The missed call acknowledgement did it for me. Thanks, I was going nuts trying to find out where this mystery message was. So goes Day 1 of having a crackberry.
    12-10-08 05:27 PM
    Are you using Gmail? If you are, there's an issue with that happening with the gmail program. There's a setting that needs changed to prevent that
    What's the setting that needs to be changed? I just started having the same problem and I've already tried a battery pull.
    01-12-09 03:50 PM
    What's the setting that needs to be changed? I just started having the same problem and I've already tried a battery pull.
    open gmail, then click the bb button then settings and make sure notify me if there is new mail in my inbox is unchecked. Then check your profile settings and adjust the gmail new mail alert settings...
    01-12-09 04:24 PM
    Turns out I had accidentally saved an unread message somehow. Even marking them all open didn't fix it- had to go into my saved messages and do it.

It was driving me crazy all day!!!
    02-04-10 08:28 PM
    Hey folks., same sorta issue.

I've had an unread BBM icon (the Blue one) on my desktop for a good 4 days. BattPulls., ctrlaltdel haven't fixed it. I have no clue how to dump it and am too lazy to back-up restore LOL.

Is there anywhere I'm not looking to find this 'unread phantom' BBM msg indicator?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but this blue indicator is ONLY for BBM msgs right? It wouldn't show up if you were getting a stand-alone PIN right?
    02-04-10 08:33 PM
    After a week., this is how I fixed my issue from above.

1-backed up contacts inside BBM.
    2-Deleted the app.
    3-reinstalled the same latest .57
    4-Ran the app., restored contacts. Scrolled down and got a chuckle when I saw no groups there, so figured oh well., but then a few seconds later, I scrolled back up and in the 'pending' notifications section it said 'recovering x groups'. Very impressed.

Yay.
    02-06-10 08:48 AM
    Listen, I'm seeing notifications for 13 unread messages in my 9650. I've tried everything in this discussion thread. Is there anything else that we may have missed, or hasn't been mentioned yet. HELP!!
    07-20-10 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD