Is it possible to get Emails, without to have a Blackberry Contract!?

Thx Atit
    01-04-10 08:47 PM
    Allow me to jump in here before Motorcycle Mama does.

*AHEM*

"YOU NEED A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN"

Jack
    Last edited by zx7rou812; 01-04-10 at 08:57 PM.
    01-04-10 08:51 PM
    Mama is watching....
    01-04-10 08:53 PM

*AHEM*

Jack
    LOL. Classic MM.
    01-04-10 09:09 PM
    You guys are playing with fire!! She will read this...
    01-04-10 09:14 PM
    Obviously there is somewhat of an inside or oldtimers info here. Does anyone care to enlighten some of us new comers so as we do not incur the wrath of MM? :>) My luck, or lack of, I will probably get nailed just for asking. LOL
    01-04-10 09:21 PM

*AHEM*

Jack
    Ha! That's awesome!!!
    01-04-10 09:25 PM
    Obviously there is somewhat of an inside or oldtimers info here. Does anyone care to enlighten some of us new comers so as we do not incur the wrath of MM? :>) My luck, or lack of, I will probably get nailed just for asking. LOL

Once upon a time, not so long ago, someone (yet ANOTHER noob that just pops up and post questions that have been asked and answered hundreds of times already, because they are too lazy to look around or search) inquired about a problem with their BB and did not want to spend the $ on the data plan. MM replied, "You need to have a BlackBerry data plan to access that." The OP replied about another problem and commented on the original problem. To wit MM replied, "You need to have a BlackBerry data plan." The OP then replied about another problem and commented on the previous two problems. It was then that MM replied, "YOU NEED A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN"

Priceless, I tell you. Simply priceless.
    I do recall I may have even pee'd a bit after reading it.

Jack
    01-04-10 09:30 PM
    No. No wrath. (well except for the smartalecks above doing the poking)

But there's no way to get push email on a BlackBerry without a .... repeat after us ... BLACKBERRY .... DATA .... PLAN.

It's not possible. Not even with a generic smartphone data plan. It must be a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Don't Pass Go. Don't Collect $200.
    01-04-10 09:31 PM
    Shes bacK.....
    01-04-10 09:38 PM
    The best the OP can do is to access their web based email through WiFi, seeing they have an 8320.
    01-04-10 09:42 PM
    i just got my first blackberry what features if any do iget with a blackberry data plan versus my simply everything plan with sprint? Is there a differnence?
    01-05-10 01:26 AM
    No the bb plan is included with the sep from sprint no xtra charge..
    01-05-10 07:45 AM
    Once upon a time, not so long ago, someone (yet ANOTHER noob that just pops up and post questions that have been asked and answered hundreds of times already, because they are too lazy to look around or search) inquired about a problem with their BB and did not want to spend the $ on the data plan. MM replied, "You need to have a BlackBerry data plan to access that." The OP replied about another problem and commented on the original problem. To wit MM replied, "You need to have a BlackBerry data plan." The OP then replied about another problem and commented on the previous two problems. It was then that MM replied, "YOU NEED A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN"

Priceless, I tell you. Simply priceless.
    I do recall I may have even pee'd a bit after reading it.

Jack
    Yes, that is priceless, thanks so much for sharing.
    01-05-10 07:17 PM
    No. No wrath. (well except for the smartalecks above doing the poking)

But there's no way to get push email on a BlackBerry without a .... repeat after us ... BLACKBERRY .... DATA .... PLAN.

It's not possible. Not even with a generic smartphone data plan. It must be a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Don't Pass Go. Don't Collect $200.
    I read the story from zx7rou812 and had to just laugh myself. I can understand the frustration and yet laugh at the issue at the same time. As my dear Dad told me many times, "You can't fix stupid" and this certainly is a great example of that. Thanks for being such a good sport and not taking offense at my comment as I just wanted the "story behind the story". I hope to read and learn much more in the future from your priceless wit and knowledge.
    01-05-10 07:24 PM
    Is it possible to get Emails, without to have a Blackberry Contract!?

Thx Atit
    You need a data plan of some sort to get email on your phone, the gmail app used to work with just TCP access no BIS however it's been a couple years since I have used it that way so I'm not sure if it still does. I'd suggest you do a search for the .jar file and try it out. To use the native email client then the answer is Yes you do need Blackberry data.
    01-05-10 08:06 PM
    I read the story from zx7rou812 and had to just laugh myself. I can understand the frustration and yet laugh at the issue at the same time. As my dear Dad told me many times, "You can't fix stupid" and this certainly is a great example of that. Thanks for being such a good sport and not taking offense at my comment as I just wanted the "story behind the story". I hope to read and learn much more in the future from your priceless wit and knowledge.
    Nah, it's all good kid. No worries!
    We're a good bunch here, thick skinned and all.
    Some of us (me especially) just have this thing about the "Staples" people. You know, the type that prefers to simply press the easy button as opposed to actually doing a little work to get a result? I do have to agree with them though, why bother looking around for an answer when one can just post a question and have answers fired out? Regardless of how many times it has been asked and answered this week. Got a theme question? Fire it out here! Someone will take you by the hand and save you the effort of scrolling THAT far down to the Theme forum by posting you a nice easy link in your question...

Jack
    01-05-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD