Hi, I have my Gmail set up through my BB through their server. I had used the Gmail application but there was a lag between getting my emails through and I just deleted it.

When I receive an email to my Gmail it shows up in my Gmail folder but it also shows up in the Messages folder. I have that and my MMS messages split into two folders but I don't know why it shows up in both places and if there is a way I can stop it from doing that. If I delete the message (handheld or on the server) it deletes it from both folders. Anyone know how I can get it to not do that?

Its just annoying to me and something I am still trying to figure out as I am tweaking my phone.
    06-18-08 02:57 PM
    This is a known issue and is covered in the BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    06-18-08 03:04 PM
    I've tried to follow the instructions on that link more than a few times, but no success. What am I doing wrong? Ugghhhh
    The screen shot is from last year, so has it changed a little? Sorry to be a pain and thanks for any advice you can give me.
    06-18-08 11:58 PM
    which part are you having a problem with??
    06-18-08 11:59 PM
    I try to update the filter, telling it not to forward anything with my gmail address in "from" section to my handset, but I still will receive a copy of the email after I send it on my BB.
    This is embarrasing.
    06-19-08 12:00 AM
    Hi, I have my Gmail set up through my BB through their server. I had used the Gmail application but there was a lag between getting my emails through and I just deleted it.

When I receive an email to my Gmail it shows up in my Gmail folder but it also shows up in the Messages folder. I have that and my MMS messages split into two folders but I don't know why it shows up in both places and if there is a way I can stop it from doing that. If I delete the message (handheld or on the server) it deletes it from both folders. Anyone know how I can get it to not do that?

Its just annoying to me and something I am still trying to figure out as I am tweaking my phone.
    Welcome to CB. Usually any question you have is already answered if you search the forums.
    06-19-08 12:02 AM
    ok, first make sure in the top box you put "g-mail " then select "from" field then enter your e-mail address then select "do not foward to device" that should get you right
    06-19-08 12:03 AM
    Did it, still not working.
    If the "From" field contains "my email address" then "do not send to handset and do not forward" to "my email address"
    ^^^
    Anything wrong with that filter? It's still not working.
    06-19-08 12:16 AM
    1st off,can you send me a screen shot of the page you're on when making the filter?? anyway, delete the filter, delete the e-mail address, send service books, add the e-mail address, send books again, then go and do the filter again... if that doesn't work, then your carrier has " ignore filters" on your account
    06-19-08 12:22 AM
    does this relate to BES as well?
    I would like to turn on/off the option of receiving corporate emails to my device from time to time. I cannot seem to suppress them. I click on the: Send Email to Handheld - "NO" option, but emails continue to come through. Shouldn't this option trump any other filters and disallow messages to the device?
    06-25-08 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD