Hello,

I am a private user (no corporate email) with a gmail account set up with IMAP disabled.

(On a side note: I do not use IMAP, because some email messages would never arrive to my Curve with IMAP enabled and set up correctly on my carrier's web site. The carrier's technician said this was a gmail IMAP issue and he recommended that I don't use it. Since then I get all my email messages.)

And now, the real question: Some email messages are visible on the PC's web interface, but arrive to my 8330 an hour or two late. Others arrive immediately but in two copies. Why would this happen?

Thanks in advance,

Gabor:
    01-29-09 02:24 PM
    Hello,

And now, the real question: Some email messages are visible on the PC's web interface, but arrive to my 8330 an hour or two late. Others arrive immediately but in two copies. Why would this happen?

Thanks in advance,

Gabor:
    Where do the 2 copies go to?
    01-29-09 02:30 PM
    Where do the 2 copies go to?
    I can see one on the internet and two in my gmail inbox on the Curve. They appear in the same gmail inbox.

Gabor
    01-29-09 02:39 PM
    After more than two months constant email problems, I finally figured out what the problem was and this may happen to others as well.

There were two accounts set up at my carrier for the same phone. I could set up or delete emails and filters on either or both. This lead to conflicts and seemingly unreproducible, odd and unpredictable behavior.

I asked them to delete one of the accounts and this seems to have solved lots of email issues (after some minutes of transient time during which I received more than 200 old messages...).

Good luck everyone!

Gabor
    02-26-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD