Hi recently bought an unlocked 8330 from Hong Kong. I set everything up, and all was working fine for a few days, and then the email accounts stopped working. The only solution was to wipe the bb and set them up again - and they would work for a few days again,.... Each time I set it up again, it says that I need to move my email accounts.

I took it to Cable and Wireless who could not seem to help me and just said it is because I did not buy it from them.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    12-17-10 09:22 PM
    Could it be that this is a knock-off and that the Pin / imei is not correct, or already in use by another user?

The odd thing with it is that the pin on the back does not match the pin in the unit.
    12-19-10 07:50 AM
    First, the 8330 is a CDMA device and doesn't 'unlock', so that is throwing a lot of folks off. If it was sold as an 8330 and you have an IMEI, something is definitely fishy. An 8330 would have either an ESN or a MEID #. It really sounds like there's a mix-up here.

It kinda appears like you have a knock-off or a cloned device, and that isn't a good sign.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-19-10 at 08:09 AM.
    12-19-10 08:05 AM
    Can you please re verify the model#
    A 8330 is a cdma only device and does not unlock.

12-19-10 08:05 AM
    More than likely someone ran MFI on it, and it's hot. Sad to say, but you've probably been hosed. That it's worked more than once has me intrigued though. What exactly are you doing to set it up?
    12-19-10 08:10 AM
    Sorry - it is a 8320. My mistake.

The seller is actually being very accommodating and says they will give me a full refund and pay for shipping back to them.

When the "blackberry connection" stops working, I just wipe it and reenter everything again - at which time it asks if I want to move the emails again.

I do, it works for a couple of days, and then stops again, and I have to wipe it and start all over.

It does not appear to be a clone, and the only real issue I can find with it is that the pin on the back does not match the pin in the system, and the instruction booklet was printed on very flimsy paper.
    12-19-10 01:26 PM
    What country in and what carrier are you using?

Do you have a full BlackBerry Data Plan with that carrier?

What OS version is on the device? Go to Options > About and read the third line.

Also, something is wrong if the PIN on the back doesn't match the PIN "in the system".
    12-19-10 01:40 PM
    I would return the device for a refund since the seller is willing to take it back and refund your money.

12-19-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD