Hello,

I am new to the Blackberry world and I did some searching on here but didn't come across the answer. If there is a topic already about this issue please forgive me.

I have BB 8830 with Verizon Wireless.... a yahoo biz email address and I get the regular icon of an envelope with the globe. My cousin who has the same phone, same service and also has a yahoo biz acct has a Y! icon instead. Is there a setting that needs to be set to get that? I've seen some other's I beleive that have the GMail icon aswell but all my icons are the same icon. Anyway to change them?

thanks
    02-01-08 10:08 PM
    You posted in wrong thread.
    02-01-08 10:29 PM
    You posted in wrong thread.
    Kind of rude to point that out and not offer any help.

I don't have yahoo set up on my phone but here's what I think. I think that you're friends are using a Yahoo and Gmail application to retrieve their email, whereas you have the email account set up through BIS.
    02-01-08 10:40 PM
    Kind of rude to point that out and not offer any help.

I don't have yahoo set up on my phone but here's what I think. I think that you're friends are using a Yahoo and Gmail application to retrieve their email, whereas you have the email account set up through BIS.

what the difference between using BIS or the other one?

I am assuming that when you set up the email on BB, you have to use the BIS?

my yahoo emails (biz) are y!, Gmails are globe symbols.
    02-02-08 12:47 PM
    I'll explain this the best I can. I have opted to use the GMail app from google to access my gmail from my BB. The reason I did this is because BIS will deliver any email received at my gmail address to my BB instantly. The GMail app on the other hand, if left running in the background, will poll for new mail every so often. I prefer to poll my gmail instead because I spend a lot of time in front of a computer still and just don't need every email sent to my phone. This way I get to decide if I want to get new mail on my phone. The symbol for the GMail app from google is a red envelope.

Now to contrast that to the default tmo.blackberrry.net address I have set up through BIS. That icon is an envelope with a globe symbol on it and I will receive new mail instantly on my phone.
    02-02-08 02:44 PM
    how am i able to retrieve the email icon for my blackberry mail
    03-03-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD