I use my ISP email it's a POP3 I believe....sometimes i test to see how long i get my emails...sometimes within 20 seconds of getting it on Outlook, but sometimes it lags up to 10-15 minutes?

Is this ISP's fault, or BB push? I'm not an email expert.

Appreciate any help
    Last edited by dewdst; 01-06-10 at 03:02 AM.
    01-02-09 11:07 AM
    Pop3 default polling is max at 10-15 min....

This is normal....

Gmail is Pop3 or Imap, but instant....
    01-02-09 11:13 AM
    Haha, think I should make the switch?
    Last edited by dewdst; 01-02-09 at 11:24 AM.
    01-02-09 11:21 AM
    Some email providers have arrangements with RIM that allows their email to get pushed (almost) immediately. Google and Yahoo are among them. Others do not, and are polled, as yester18 said.

The polling interval varies. Normal is 15 minutes. If mail is found during a poll, the polling interval is decreased to 3 minutes. After 15 minutes of no new mail being found, the interval is returned to 15 minutes.

To switch to another email provider or not is really up to you (obviously), and depends on your needs (or wants). I personally have my optonline mail forwarded to my Gmail account, and have only the Gmail account setup on my BB.
    01-02-09 11:54 AM
    i run optonline and gmail on my bb. the gmail come in asap, within 5 seconds due to the above mentioned "set ups" rim has with gmail and yahoo. the optonline sometimes takes up to 10 min on mine as well. but for me its no issue, it my junk email account anyway.
    01-02-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD