ok i have been looking for hours now i want to be able to receive my yahoo emails like the sms stuff and i dont know how or even how to set up a blackberry email i have a 8310 its att
    09-04-08 06:43 PM
    First you need a data plan, and then choose Personal Email Setup from your home screen. You should then see a link that says "Email Accounts". Choose that and it will ask you to enter your email address and password. After that, you should get a confirmation email, and then you'll be good to go. All future emails sent to that account will show up on your device.
    Last edited by legendofdon; 09-04-08 at 06:52 PM.
    09-04-08 06:46 PM
    i have a data plan on my phone unlimited internet and mms and sms and stuff
    09-04-08 07:10 PM
    i have a data plan on my phone unlimited internet and mms and sms and stuff
    Just do what legend said then, and you should be set.
    09-04-08 07:11 PM
    Yeah, what smaug said. lol
    09-04-08 07:14 PM
    well i done the thing through blackberry and it didnt work on my phone
    09-04-08 07:54 PM
    Do it through your device as they said above and it will work. Also, think about getting a google gmail account as well. You can set up a crackberry email account that will forward your mail to Yahoo or google. I kind of like giving some friends my crackberry address . Also, if that isn't enough, go ahead and set up a blackberry account. You really have many many options.

Next Day Edit: This is a terrible post by me - I don't tell you how to do anything ! I'm sorry. I have posted better information on pg. 2.
    Last edited by exelant; 09-06-08 at 09:06 AM.
    09-04-08 08:06 PM
    OK, I must be really stupid. I've watched the tutorial on bb.com and I don't have the stupid icon that it says to click.

And what exactly do you mean by "home screen"??? If I go into the browser and go to the home page, it gives me some verizon crap and I don't get an option to add an email address.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-04-08 10:20 PM
    OK, I must be really stupid. I've watched the tutorial on bb.com and I don't have the stupid icon that it says to click.

And what exactly do you mean by "home screen"??? If I go into the browser and go to the home page, it gives me some verizon crap and I don't get an option to add an email address.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By home screen he means the screen with your wallpaper and the icons on it. Try hitting the menu button on the home screen, hitting the menu button again, and checking "Show All".

If it doesn't show up then, go to the Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table. Hit the menu button and hit "Register Now". Let us know what happens.
    09-05-08 12:15 AM
    well min is still not working
    09-05-08 10:24 PM
    i have at&T as well, and it was easier than I thought to install. Not to ask you again, but did you follow all the steps? I think it's also in the initial setup screen, as well as email setup icon. Did you try both?
    09-05-08 10:29 PM
    yes i have tried
    09-05-08 10:31 PM
    yes i have tried
    Ok, just unhid my icons and at the setup wizard. There's an option for email setup in the the setup wizard. Did you try that? Sorry about the ??, trying to help you troubleshoot. Have you ever sent out a txt msg, or bb msg?
    09-05-08 10:48 PM
    did you try to resend your service books again?
    09-05-08 10:56 PM
    don't you have to pay to have pop3 access with yahoo mail? otherwise it won't work, right? idk, because i have gmail.
    09-05-08 11:11 PM
    Regular (free) Yahoo Mail will work just fine with a Blackberry.
    09-06-08 07:30 AM
    Free yahoo, hotmail, and gmail all work with Blackberry
    09-06-08 07:32 AM
    I had to set mine up directly thru the t mobile website.. it works great now.
    09-06-08 08:02 AM
    When you use your device and click the manage internet email, it actually takes you to the T-Mobile site to set up email accounts from yahoo, gmail, or whom ever you want to use to work with your BlackBerry. To set up your crackberry account go to http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/crac...ums-how-16472/. There's a section there about setting up a crackberry account that will push email sent to your CB address to your gmail or yahoo or where ever.

Then you click the set-up wizard icon on your device and roll down to click set up email, you'll be able to create new email accounts for your berry. I think T-Mo allows up to ten. they'll read something like yourname @tmo.blackberry.net. It's really easy to do. I hope this helps, good luck!
    09-06-08 08:55 AM
    well i have tried everything i can think of have dont the email thing through blackberry like 6 times and on my phone at least 3 and yes i send a million texts a day never done the blackberry messenger can get ppl to add me, my pin is 207ddd3
    09-06-08 01:29 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure the only way to add an existing email account to your berry is to click the Manage Internet Email Icon -- its a picture of a gear, envelope and arrow. There is an option there to add an email account and all you have to do is click on it, enter your email address and password. Then it will show up. You need to call CS i guess and see why you do not have this icon.
    09-06-08 09:45 PM
    man this is making me so mad,customer service said they dont know why its not working, plus i kinda dont think my blackberry messenger is working either i have added sevral ppl and non have excepted or mines not working,i have a data plan,its not a blackberry plan does that matter, but its unlimited internet and all that jazz
    09-09-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD