Hi, will try to keep this simple as I have gone thru numerous threads w/o finding this answer.
    I have Yahoo and another IMAP email connected to my Outlook standalone install (no Exchange involved). I have Outlook set to 'LEAVE A COPY OF MSG ON SERVER'.
    All works fine, except, when Outlook is offline (laptop off), BB snatches the msg and DOES NOT LEAVE COPY ON THE SERVER - so this means I get all msgs on the BB, but only those on Outlokk when it is online. I need all on Outlook.
    Where do I tell BB to also 'LEAVE COPY OF MSG ON SERVER' ?

Thanks much for the help.
    07-11-08 11:14 AM
    I notice many people reading this but no responses. Maybe I didn't clarify enough.
    When Outlook is up the emails go to both Outlook and BB.
    When Outlook is down (like overnight) the emails go to BB but when I log in to Outlook, they never appear in Outlook. It appears BB is snatching them from the Inbox and not leaving a copy for Outlook.
    I have Yahoo and one other account and am taking them directly from those accounts (no blackberry email account in the middle).
    This is the last piece in the puzzle I need to solve.
    Thx - have a great weekend.
    07-11-08 05:46 PM
    WHen you delete from the BB with outlook off, are you selecting delete from both handheld and computer, or just handheld?
    07-11-08 05:50 PM
    You need to go to your email options on the BB (click the bb logo key when in your email) Under Email Reconciliation --> Delete On -- specify Prompt. This will give you the option to delete off of the server or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 05:56 PM
    Ok, my first thoughts are maybe it is to do with the IMAP email. What you want to happen (Outlook wins and Blackberry downloads copies only) works with my set up but I use Demon, which is POP email. Are there settings on the Yahoo site for configuration with third party mail clients? It could be along the lines of 'whatever accesses the mail first wins'. Get my drift? Log onto Yahoo using your browser and see if there any adjustments possible under settings. Gary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 05:57 PM
    WHen you delete from the BB with outlook off, are you selecting delete from both handheld and computer, or just handheld?
    Thanks, but this has nothing to do with deleting emails from the BB before logging on to Outlook. If Outlook is down and the email comes thru to BB and I leave it there, when I log on to Outlook it does not download to Outlook.
    07-11-08 05:59 PM
    but if they come to the BB when outlook is off and then you delete them from both, when u turn outlook back on there will no email there
    07-11-08 06:15 PM
    but if they come to the BB when outlook is off and then you delete them from both, when u turn outlook back on there will no email there
    I understand, but even when I do not delete them from the BB they do not come to Outlook. This is not the issue, BB is snatching them from the mail inbox when Outlook is not up.
    07-11-08 06:18 PM
    okay, that did clear things up. then you may want to try what Jimmers above said. You may want to check your mail provider, I have seen some providers that do not let msg's stay on the server regardless of outlook or other deivce settings. rare, but none the less. ALso you can call your provider and check with them and if need be see if they can pass you over to RIM to investigate.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-12-08 at 07:20 AM.
    07-11-08 07:09 PM
    I think Jimmers and Lastraid might be right. Check your ISP. Gary
    07-12-08 02:43 AM
    Thanks, but again, this has nothing to do with me deleting emails from my BB. I already have the Prompt for Delete option set.
    I will check with the ISP's.
    07-13-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD