I recently had to reload my OS again, and now the "Delete from inbox & handheld" option is missing from my Yahoo and Gmail accounts, but it still shows up for my BB account, which I find odd.

Yes, I have pulled the battery, resent the service books, deleted/re-added the accounts, registered with the Host Routing Network, deleted the service books from the options menu and resent them again, and did the whole thing on both the PC and the device. I'm really hoping I don't have to reinstall the OS just to get this option back.

Any thoughts I haven't already covered?
    07-05-08 05:50 PM
    Other than your biggest fear, No.
    07-05-08 07:52 PM
    I can't think of anything but goodluck with the reinstall.
    07-05-08 07:58 PM
    lol, I have no intentions of doing another reinstall right now. That one little option isn't worth it. Besides with all of the beta releases and the official releases coming soon, I'll just wait for one of those.
    07-06-08 08:25 AM
    delete the accounts from your BIS then reapply them.
    07-06-08 08:55 AM
    Yes, I have pulled the battery, resent the service books, deleted/re-added the accounts, registered with the Host Routing Network, deleted the service books from the options menu and resent them again, and did the whole thing on both the PC and the device.
    Tried that.
    07-06-08 09:37 AM
    Tried that.
    whoops, i musta glossed right over that part.

guess your handset is working perfectly.
    07-06-08 09:41 AM
    There isn't anything wrong, other than this option missing. What I find really odd is that the BB email address has the option, even though it doesn't have an "inbox" on the PC like the others do.
    07-06-08 09:45 AM
    Are you using BES or BIS?

If you are using BIS go to your service providers BIS website and make sure that you allow the device to delete things from the mailbox. I am not exactly sure where this option is, and it might even be under "email settings" on your BB. Try that and hopefully the options will appear!

Good luck!
    07-06-08 09:50 AM
    Now that's something I hadn't thought of. However, even after selecting those options the problem remains.
    07-06-08 10:47 AM
    I have the same problem, I freed up memory today and now the same thing happens. Not sure what causes it but if you find out you'll have to let me know!
    07-06-08 11:11 AM
    Figured it out...

For anyone else with this problem go to Messages>Options>Email Reconciliation. Under Message Services select one of your email addresses and under Delete On: select Prompt. Repeat the last two steps for each one of your addresses, then save.
    07-06-08 07:06 PM
    Thank you for that post, I was having the same problem, but now its fixed. Awesome. THNX again.
    08-06-08 11:10 AM
    Thanks Kronk!!! Worked perfectly!

I had to get a replacement BB...rollerball probs.

And of course had to go through the pleasure of restoring everything. This was bugging the heck out of me!

Suz
    08-06-08 10:48 PM
    Thank you , Kronk! I have had the same problem ever since I updated my os. This was driving me crazy! Thank you for taking the time to figure this out.
    08-06-08 11:20 PM
    Figured it out...

For anyone else with this problem go to Messages>Options>Email Reconciliation. Under Message Services select one of your email addresses and under Delete On: select Prompt. Repeat the last two steps for each one of your addresses, then save.

You are awesome! I had the same problem and now it's fixed! I am so glad I got Kronk'd!!!
    08-09-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD