On the 8310 you have to open the email, click get images and wait (and hope) the image and or attachment opens up. Has RIM fixed this on the 9700 or 9650? It's kind of a pain in the *** lately and I'm hoping the newer models have addressed this issue.
    Also, what's the reason why that is anyway? Does it have to do with RIM's server? Thanks!
    12-11-09 04:51 PM
    Has RIM fixed what?
    12-11-09 04:58 PM
    The fact that images in email don't automatically download without having to click "get images"
    12-11-09 05:27 PM
    The fact that images in email don't automatically download without having to click "get images"
    They do load automatically. It's in the setting.

Go to Message, Optons, Email Settings, for each email address (if you have more than 1), enable Download Images Automatically.
    12-11-09 05:32 PM
    Wow!! thanks, and to think I've had my curve for almost 8 months now and never knew. Again, really, thanks!!
    12-11-09 05:44 PM
    ok, so I went in there, did what you said, and they're still not downloading automatically. Is there something else that needs to be enabled?
    12-11-09 05:47 PM
    ok, so I went in there, did what you said, and they're still not downloading automatically. Is there something else that needs to be enabled?
    Going forward, you would be need click "get images" once for each new email sender. This put the senders in your safe list.
    12-11-09 05:49 PM
    Going forward, you would be need click "get images" once for each new email sender. This put the senders in your safe list.
    Ok, so each time someone sends me an email with an image I need to "get image" and my BB somehow knows that it's from a trusted sender and will then load images auto from then on?
    12-11-09 06:01 PM
    Ok, so each time someone sends me an email with an image I need to "get image" and my BB somehow knows that it's from a trusted sender and will then load images auto from then on?
    Yes, that's one way. There are other ways that will download the images automatically. The only time that BB will stop downloading automatically and requires you to manually download and accept the security risk is when BB detects a threat (not necessary real threat), just a precaution.

It will learn from your actions, so overtime it will be transparent to you. Just hang in there in the beginning as you just turned on the feature.
    12-11-09 06:06 PM
    Yes, that's one way. There are other ways that will download the images automatically. The only time that BB will stop downloading automatically and requires you to manually download and accept the security risk is when BB detects a threat (not necessary real threat), just a precaution.

It will learn from your actions, so overtime it will be transparent to you. Just hang in there in the beginning as you just turned on the feature.
    Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to explain that. I'll most definately hang in there-I'm not going anywhere away from the BB family. I'm in for the long haul!
    12-11-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD