Hey Guys, I have a question. I not too long ago purchased a Blackberry 8300 from AT&T, Previously I had the 8800 from Verizon...Heres my problem. When I went through the New Blackberry Set-Up Wizard on the 8800 I could easily add in a personal Email (gmail), But with the new Curve, It doesn't give me that option, It goes into Corporate Email crap. How to you set up Personal Email on this thing?
    01-13-08 04:59 PM
    On the new device and AT&T, do you have a BB Data Plan? You want Internet Email Setup, not Enterprise Activation, and you need the Data Plan to get that Email setup.
    01-13-08 05:03 PM
    I have the Unlimited Data Plan...So where do I go to set it up?
    Last edited by Larzuk; 01-13-08 at 05:11 PM.
    01-13-08 05:06 PM
    Anyone know how to do this?
    01-13-08 05:44 PM
    Call AT&T data services and make sure your SIM card is provisioned for Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). With that in place you can go do a Google search for "AT&T BIS" Once on that site you can set up your email information without having to do it on the BB itself.
    01-13-08 06:05 PM
    01-14-08 08:19 AM
    AWESOME man, Thanks a million for taking the time to post that...But I have one more question. When I went to set that up, It said that my device isn't registered yet...What does this mean and how do I go about registering my Crackberry.?
    01-15-08 10:00 PM
    On your phone, go to options > advanced options > Host Routing Table > scroll to the bolded entry > hit your menu key, and then register.
    01-15-08 10:07 PM
    On your phone, go to options > advanced options > Host Routing Table > scroll to the bolded entry > hit your menu key, and then register.
    Thank You, Darkone
    01-15-08 10:08 PM
    It said Registry Message Sent, but I still get that message when I go to setup at BIS. Am I supposed to wait on a message or something? Another step?
    01-15-08 10:13 PM
    Am I supposed to recieve a confirmation link with this registration BS.
    01-15-08 10:38 PM
    No, it should send you a text message that your phone has been registered with the network.

Did you go to the BIS site with your device, or on your computer?
    01-15-08 11:01 PM
    It's only been since Dec. 24th that I had to do this, but I sure can't remember what steps I had to take. I know I went to the website first on my computer, then it gave me a message that I had to do it on my device. After going through the sign up on my device, I could log in through my computer.
    01-15-08 11:04 PM
    I gotcha, Let me try that from my phone.
    01-15-08 11:11 PM
    If you try registering your BB on the network and it doesn't let you setup your e-mail, make sure you've gone completely through the activation wizard. I've seen some of the new 8130s not let you setup e-mail until this is done. Also try going to Options>Mobile Network>(menu)Start Provisioning. If none of this helps, call AT&T and make sure you have the correct data plan as your BB normally won't let you setup e-mail accts without a data plan.
    01-15-08 11:17 PM
    This is quite discouraging. The more I read, The more confused I get...I still get that same error saying I'm not registered. I did Register, It said Registration complete, I didn't get any emails, messages, Nothing. I go to the BIS, Again, I'm no registered...I don't understand this thing.

Then the more I read it says I have to be part of either a BES or BIS, and I'm neither, But it's saying If i'm not, I won't have internet access, But I do and it works great...What gives!
    01-15-08 11:18 PM
    Have your account info ready and call 1-800-331-0500 they should be able to help in getting everything setup. Most BB support centers are open until midnight so you might have to call in the morning
    01-15-08 11:25 PM
    I know it can be frustrating, and it's too late to call customer service to make sure your plan is set up right.
    When you go to this BIS site, is there a button that says 'Create New Account'?
    01-15-08 11:25 PM
    That's AT&T BB support number, they will have access to you acct so they can fix anything wrong or help troubleshoot if everything is setup okay.
    01-15-08 11:26 PM
    I know it can be frustrating, and it's too late to call customer service to make sure your plan is set up right.
    When you go to this BIS site, is there a button that says 'Create New Account'?
    Yes there is Darkone, I clicked that link and entered in my PIN, IMEI number, Shortly after that I get that Message about Registration.

I do remember when Installing some of the software my Curve came with it was going over BES, Enterprise crap that I had no idea of, So I just started "guessing" on the different questions that had A, B, or C Options untill it fully installed..Could this of been my error?

Aside from that, I really appreciate all of your help.
    01-15-08 11:29 PM
    Hopefully, if anyone can fix it, they can. I have the number 1-866-499-8008 that's only open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. M-F or 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sat. Eastern time, I might add. No Sunday hours...
    That's the number that came in the package with my device.
    01-15-08 11:30 PM
    Okay, here's another idea.
    Go to the Setup icon on your phone. Start that up, and keep going through the screens till you get to the email setup screen. You will want the top option of 'I want to create or add an email address. Enter you information for your user name and the password you want to use on the BIS site.

That information comes from the booklet that came with my 8300. You should have one too. If not, no big deal.
    01-15-08 11:38 PM
    It's not available..The only options I have are. 1) I want to use a work email acount with a Blackberry Enterprise Server 2) I want to skip Email Setup.
    01-15-08 11:41 PM
    Do you have all icons showing on your device? Menu > show all
    See if maybe the one for personal email setup is hidden.
    01-15-08 11:54 PM
    Do you have all icons showing on your device? Menu > show all
    See if maybe the one for personal email setup is hidden.
    No Icons for Personal Email.
    01-15-08 11:56 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD