My Blackberry 8300 continuously shows lower case "edge" (also gprs GSM and SOS) as connection status since Sept 30, 2008. I cannot send or receive calls. I did not drop phone... have no clue to what happened. I have reloaded OS v4.2.2.166 for AT&T. I have tried mega hard boots/soft boots, etc. This phone was out of warranty on 7/15/08 - in other words my curve is a bit over a year old. Can you fix my connection problem? AT&T evidently cannot. Thanks...
    10-12-08 09:44 PM
    can you send or recieve sms texts?
    10-13-08 09:15 AM
    Sent sms but message is showing -sending (has been now for about 45minutes). I used my daughters phone & sent a message to my 8300\curve... and after about 15 minutes... the message came through. Perhaps if I wait long enough... the message will be sent. Right now... connection still shows lower case "edge". I'm about to give up & send phone to Blackberry to fix. Anyone knows a good Service Center besides Blackberry?
    Thank you!
    10-13-08 10:27 PM
    I used to get the S0S status quite a lot. Rebooting would help, but only for a little. I took it to an at&t store to get a new sim card and that fixed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 12:39 AM
    Call AT&T about this.

'edge' means that the phone can detect the data network but cannot login to it. EDGE means that it is now logged in.

Logging in does not imply a Username / Password. It is simply the carrier's network acknowledging your device.

Depending on where you are geographocally you will at times see EDGE or GSM and in places of no-signal possibly SOS.
    10-14-08 12:56 AM
    The first time I had this problem and didn't know what it meant I called T-Mobile tech support and they had me check a few settings and then pull the battery. When the phone started back up it was fine. It surprised me because I have my phone to auto off & on at midnight for about 5 minutes everyday. Just like PC support I get different suggestions from different tech people on proper maintenance of the Curve. It is very frustrating.
    10-14-08 02:27 AM
    The first time I had this problem and didn't know what it meant I called T-Mobile tech support and they had me check a few settings and then pull the battery. When the phone started back up it was fine. It surprised me because I have my phone to auto off & on at midnight for about 5 minutes everyday. Just like PC support I get different suggestions from different tech people on proper maintenance of the Curve. It is very frustrating.

How do you do this?
    10-14-08 02:29 AM
    How do you do this?
    Go to Options, Auto On/Off, set your weekday and weeend On/Off times and then set Enable for one or both timers.
    10-14-08 02:32 AM
    Before reinstalling OS... I went to AT&T store & received a new sim card. That did not work - still "edge". I also purchased a $45 new battery at Best Buy because battery seemed to be draining more rapidly... that also did not work. I have called AT&T at least 3 times... gone to the AT&T "service center" (what a joke) and they have simply told me that since my phone is out of warranty... I am basically on my own. So... I am now trying to find if there is someone in crackberry that knows how to get EDGE back so I can use phone again. I have also tried to re-register the phone via options - Host Routing table - Register Now & the phone prompts that "Registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available." I have now gone back to Cingular 3125 (with same SIM card used in 8300) which I had given to my daughter... now she has a $14.95 AT&T Go phone until my policy says I can get another phone at a reasonable price in DEC '08. Please! Anyone have ideas if it is actually a phone problem or an AT&T issue? I have rebooted, reloaded OS, purchased new battery, new SIM... but still no EDGE. The phone works ie powers up & I can go to all Icons\programs ... but it does seem to lose battery power quicker than it used to - even with brand new battery. Right now... phone is in GSM connection status... but usually it goes to "edge" after a while. Thanks again....
    Last edited by BoogieWithStu; 10-15-08 at 10:54 PM.
    10-15-08 10:51 PM
    having basically the same issues. FINALLY found someone after hours of searching with same problem!!

i have found no answer yet. still searching. spent 3+ hours on the phone with AT&T last night, to no avail.

basically my second 8310 in a week, with my second SIM card in a week, and my device will go to EDGE about 75% of the time..... but at least 2-3 times an hour it periodically goes back to edge and stays there until i initiate a data session. and even that isn't always a fix, as emails/BB Msgr msgs/internet remains stuck at times after going to edge. generally a reboot or drop/reacquire of connection will fix, but not always. AT&T has no clue and no guesses as to what is wrong.

this happens in multiple cities (Nashville, Murfreesboro, surrounding areas). happens with 5 bars, 1 bars, and everything in between.

this is happening on 4.2.2.170, 4.5.0.81, and 4.5.0.102..... NOTHING seems to help.
    11-26-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD