ya so when i am on the phone i always hear myself
    it doesn't matter how much signal i have and it doesn't matter who it is
    always happens

nothing has changed recently
    11-08-08 04:23 PM
    This usually is not the phone. In my exerience it is a network issue and requires some account refreshing. If this does nto resolve it, then it maybe the device.
    11-08-08 04:25 PM
    yes, usually network issue, does it happen in one spot or randomly everywhere?
    11-08-08 04:28 PM
    There is one of thing I just thought of as well. TUrn the volume down when taling and see if this helps, if it is turned up all the way. This can cause echo as well.
    11-08-08 04:37 PM
    are you using a blue tooth head set???if so thats probablly the problem.

if not, does it happen no matter where you are? or is it usually only in one area that it happens in.

if it only happens in one area then you want to call customer service and report it, because the route your voice path is taking is not going through echo canceloers and you are hearing your self, or the echo cancellers you are hitting are bad going one way.
    11-08-08 07:29 PM
    no particular area, the volume is at half way ish
    and no blue tooth
    when you say network refresh do you mean re-registering or do you mean something on at&t's side
    11-08-08 07:36 PM
    It would be on att side. I know on the VZW network I have delete a user and rebuild them. This really helps a lot of voice issues
    11-08-08 07:38 PM
    no particular area, the volume is at half way ish
    and no blue tooth
    when you say network refresh do you mean re-registering or do you mean something on at&t's side
    more than likely its the BB since you say it happens in no particular area.

there is no "Network Refresh" that AT&T does to solve these problems. For Echo problems it will either be the device or the Network, and your problem is leaning very heavy to your device.

I would take it to an AT&T store and have them check it out.
    11-10-08 07:09 PM
    I had this problem, too. I would get an echo in no particular area. I would start the call with an echo and then it would disappear, and then reappear at random. I went to AT&T and they gave me a new sim card. It helped a bit, only I still get the echo at the start of a call. If it doesn't go away I'll return my BB for another one to see if it was just the phone. I really don't want to do that though, as I already have themes and some programs downloaded on this phone.
    11-24-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD