Having a hard time transferring pics using Roxio Media Manager. What's the easiest way?
    Thank you in advance.
    06-15-08 08:12 PM
    Mass Storage Mode can't see the internal memory in your device. Use Roxio to copy the pictures to a folder on your desktop. Then use Mass Storage Mode to copy from the folder to your card.

Status/Options/Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BB into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the blackberry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.
    06-15-08 08:31 PM
    I will try that. Thanks!
    06-15-08 08:58 PM
    That sure beats trying to do it, one step at a time, with Explorer.

06-16-08 12:57 AM
    That sure beats trying to do it, one step at a time, with Explorer.

Heh, learn something new every day I've been using Mobile File Manager as I had no idea the "explore" feature existed
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-20-08 at 06:05 PM. Reason: minor correction
    06-16-08 03:58 AM
    I must be an absolute *****. Today I got a memory card for my BB 8130 and have tried for hours to transfer what few pics I took already to the memory card I've just installed. What am I doing wrong? I think I need step by step directions.

Thank you.
    10-20-08 03:11 PM
    If you have just a few pictures, the easiest way to transfer them is by using the Media program on your BlackBerry.
    Media / Menu / Explore
    Select Device Memory / pictures
    Select a picture, Menu / Move / Up
    Keep selecting Up until you reach the top of the tree, at the Media Card level.
    At Media Card, select Open, then Blackberry, then Open, then Pictures, then Move Here.

You have to move the pictures one at a time by this method, but if you just have a few, it's much faster than dealing with Roxio Media Manager. Once you have the pictures on the Media Card, you can use Mass Storage Mode as described in an earlier post in this thread to move them to / from your PC.
    10-20-08 04:07 PM
    ok your awsome i got them to the card but now when i take a pic will the rest of my pics go to the card automaticlly so i dont have to do all that,or how do i set the phone to do that
    10-24-08 07:40 PM
    My 8830 doesn't have a camera, so I can't help you with camera settings.
    10-24-08 08:23 PM
    ok your awsome i got them to the card but now when i take a pic will the rest of my pics go to the card automaticlly so i dont have to do all that,or how do i set the phone to do that
    Start your camera, then click Menu>Options and there is an option
    Store Pictures: which I have set to On Media Card
    10-24-08 09:53 PM
    If you have just a few pictures, the easiest way to transfer them is by using the Media program on your BlackBerry.
    Media / Menu / Explore
    Select Device Memory / pictures
    Select a picture, Menu / Move / Up
    Keep selecting Up until you reach the top of the tree, at the Media Card level.
    At Media Card, select Open, then Blackberry, then Open, then Pictures, then Move Here.

You have to move the pictures one at a time by this method, but if you just have a few, it's much faster than dealing with Roxio Media Manager. Once you have the pictures on the Media Card, you can use Mass Storage Mode as described in an earlier post in this thread to move them to / from your PC.
    this help alot...thanks Jeff.
    11-03-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD